PDA

View Full Version : Jardine, ECU, K&N

mister P
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi I've ordered a Jardine can, Buell ecu and k&n air filter, can i put the above straight on and ride or will my bike need setting up. Ive had the bike two months cant wait for it to sound like a real bike. many thanx

JSW07
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Should be good to go right aways. The bike my run rough for the first little bit, just keep it @ around 3000rpm for the first bit so the ECM learns the bike other than that its all good!

mister P
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanx mate, ordered kit from the states been waiting for it to arrive since end of august. also will i be able to scrap the cables and wires under the air box cover as my 12s is the translusant orange model, thanx for help. mister P

mister P
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi ive now fitted the bike the jardine can, race ecu and k&n filter ive also had the t p s set but was wondering if the bike would benefit from dyno time and can this be done. Also my 12s is an 06 translusent orange model and cables and pipes look gash under the air box cover, is straight forward to hide or remove them. cheers mr P

LeFox
12-01-2007, 06:24 PM
if you have a race ecm, dyno time would make that much of a difference, since the race ecm can not be remapped.

dyno time is needed if you want to remap the stock buell ecm and tune it on your current setup.

06xb9r
12-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey guys, he can remove the exhaust servo and cables since he has the race ecm, right?

The hoses you will probably need to leave there.

XBear9S
12-02-2007, 02:35 AM
I've been told that if you increase the out flow, you need to open up the airbox to increase the inflow. ASB's got a kit.
I've been told its only half a mod if you don't take it all the way...

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

"When I rode Buells, I didn't ride for fun. . .It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a contest and everything that implies, a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest."
--Ty "Buellistic" Cobb

mister P
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Many thanks for input, being as its winter hear in the uk ive got until at least march-april until the weather is good enough for decent riding so i can get on and sort my bike. ride safe mister P

XBear9S
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Winter?
What's that?

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

"A good stoppie vigorously executed right now...
is far better than a perfect stoppie executed next week."

mister P
12-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi XBear9S, winter in the uk means local councils constently grit the roads. they use 17 ton trucks to spread what is actually a salt based mix, this turns your pride joy into a scabbey mess and will seize the breaks in minutes. so until i talk my wife into emigrating somewhere warmer im stuck here. ride safe, Mister P