PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

beer0060
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM
just bought an 03 xb9s, its my second bike (05 SV650), this if far better and i am having some problems with either fuel or intake. shes running pretty rough off the get go and it seems like its not getting enough air to the engine but it could be because i put regular 87 gas in on my first fill up. i got a tune up and they dont even know why this is happening. since the bad gas ive been putting 91 octane plus some octane booster, and i dont know how many tanks this should take to pass over but im beginning to think theres something else going on. when i first drove it off after buying it like a week and a half ago it ran great. anything as for advice or info? shes hurt and needs some help thanks.
charlie

JSW07
10-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Try getting the TPS reset.

mrdozer2you
10-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Well sounds like a fouled plug maybe. Never, I mean never use octane booster. Just run decent gas 91 octane or better and you should be fine. Have them check your plugs. If you did a few short mileage trips, where you started and stopped your bike alot it could have fouled a plug.

Oh and when you say "off the get go" do you mean when you start it and take off? If thats the case, make sure you give it time to warm up before you ride, and take it easy for the first few miles. Buells are notorious for running lousy when cold.

dmp0001
10-06-2007, 05:29 AM
why do you say never use octane booster? I have used it a few times as in the small towns 91 and above are hard to find and never had a problem