PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Riders

briansiples
02-20-2010, 03:46 AM
First off, I would like to say what an awesome tool/support website this has been. Plenty of awesome people with great minds.

That being said I would love to get a bike trip going for KY riders. I know it is still cold as balls outside, so it would have to wait until it warmed up. I really just want to see how much interest there is. My bike won't be done for at least another two weeks, but I'll definitely be ready to go by March (assuming it is warm enough).

Just post when you think would be a good time and if you are interested at all.

Thanks.

RichP99
02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
a local ride would be cool!!

I live in Northern Kentucky but try to get down to lake cumberland once a year.

Where are you at?

briansiples
02-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I am located in winchester ky, 16 miles east of lexington. Wish my bike was done today, actually warm enough to go riding :(

Stevenc150
02-21-2010, 03:42 AM
London, KY representing. Also know of a Firebolt rider here local that works at Wildcat HD. Hopefully I'll get the list of a BUNCH of KY riders & contact info soon and I'll let everyone know and get them a copy.

briansiples
02-21-2010, 03:48 AM
Good deal, i prayed for warm weather yesterday, got it, but couldn't ride my bike today because I'm waiting on my ECM, i think mother nature just thought she would laugh at me!!!

redbolt04
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
ok ? for you KY guys. I was wondering what the weather is exactly like by you guys. you say right now its cold as balls. how does it get in KY winters? lots of snow and -30 all thru late dec and jan like it does here? Also whats the weather like by you now? just cold or cold and the roads are all salty and sandy and you need rain? the reason i ask is because i am looking for a place to relocate after college and i like the geography in KY and im looking for a more mild winter and longer bike season than here in north central WI

sorry for the off topic sidetrack

briansiples
02-21-2010, 05:38 PM
The winters are defiately more mild. This winter has been abnormally cold, single didgets to mid and upper 20s. Today it is 58 yesterday it got to like mid 40's but it is supposed to drop back down to the low 30's again by tusday. Winter usually really starts in about mid december late november, and lasts until about the end of feb, begining of march.

RichP99
02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Ya what Brian said... Road def. still have salt on them but not to much longer and we will be riding. I live close to Cincinnati, OH. the roads are really nice to tear up in the summer.:D

redbolt04
02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
dang that would be nice. i could ride all winter if it wasn't for snow and salt. i ride here in WI till its about 10, then i cut it off. death happens after that! Ive been seeing guys out on the roads here, even a few fags on their chromed out land yachts. its been in the 30's last 3 days, abnormally warm. I just cant see taking my baby out in all this salt yet, especially with all the sand there is yet on the roads. thanks for the info guys!

Stevenc150
02-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Got it fellas. All you crazy KY buellers, PM me your City/Town - Real Name - Screen Name - Email Address. I'll add you to the list and then send it out to everyone. [up]

Edit: As of right now, it numbers 23.

RichP99
02-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Stevenc150 pm sent

Stevenc150
02-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Added those that emailed me and sending the list now. [up]

briansiples
02-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Got the list, too bad weather is total **** again today, a whole 25 degrees...Next week looks promising though. Hopefully I'll get my bike back this weekend, been in the shop long enough I miss her :( . If I do I'll post plenty of pics and a sound clip.

jb35
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
anybody live in the Louisville area that could do a ecmspy download? I dont feel comfortable doing it and I cant find any shops locally that work on these.

Oakes_86
05-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, I noticed this is an older post but what brought me to it was KY riders. I just bought my first buell last week (07 XB12s) and love it. I'm in Ashland, KY so if anyone is within an hour or two maybe we could do some ridin. All my buddies are Harley guys so not many of my friends own sport bikes (especially buells). I know another guy that paints and repairs wrecks here in ashland and all he rides is buell. Thanks

Stevenc150
05-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the Board Oakes. PM me your Email address and I'll send you a copy of the KY Buellers contact list I have.

Oakes_86
05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Ok thanks man

SWATcltch
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Pm sent