PDA

View Full Version : new bueller in mexico

elugo
02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi there. I'm a new red 09 xb12SS owner. I just get my bike three months ago here in Puebla Mexico, but until now I only have been reading the posts.
I had the opportunity to take advantage of the sale. But I must tell you that here in Mexico, Buell is almost unknown. I haven't heard of the brand until the HD agency placed an ad on the building announcing the sale. They didn't have a bike to show!
I take the risk, and bought it, and it has being the most rewarding thing to ride.
I'm still learning to ride. It is my first serious bike.
And reading your posts has been very illustrative. I made this mods: adding the vent scoop, (which has been the best for my legs and up!), the long touring seat, and the scotch brite pipes thing, and installed an alarm system. All of them taking advise form this forum. Thank you guys
The best-worst thing besides riding a Buell here, is that I think I'm the only buell owner. It always gets attention when riding.
I think that for you in US, knowing that I have to say when anyone asks "what bike is this?" I have to say "It's a Harley", would not make you very happy, so I must apologize to you in order to be considered worthy of the forum.

Stevenc150
02-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Welcome to the Forum Elugo and Congrats on your new ride. :D[up] Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Great to hear you're enjoying the bike. Have you done the breather reroute or Dual headlight on mods yet? Simple mods with a good payoff.

As far as the "Harley" thing. It's a Buell all the way, but it doesn't change the fact it's got a thumping HD-based heart.

Lohani
02-27-2010, 03:13 AM
welcome aboard! :D

i almost purchased a SS, but then i saw the TT !
then i had to have it!

have fun with your bike!

kalifornia
03-01-2010, 01:08 AM
You are a brave man Eluqo, I admire your adventurous buying decision. Viva La Mexico!!!!!!!!

myronman3
03-01-2010, 01:23 AM
welcome to the board!

elugo
03-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi. Thanks for your welcome. i'll be posting some pics asap. And yes, It has an HD heart anyway.
The first time I toke a ride I was stoped by a motorcycle police officer. While asking for my papers he couldn't take his eyes off the bike, until he says "it vibrates like mine!". Of course, he rides a Harley. After gave him the HD speech, he let me go with just a warning.
See you.

elugo
03-01-2010, 03:33 AM
I don't think It was a brave decision, mainly was irrational, but i has turned more than ok.:(:)

elugo
03-01-2010, 03:43 AM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5634_20100228214053_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5634_20100228213928_L.jpg
In the mean time, let me show these mountains, which are the most important element of the city landscape. Puebla, Mexico

firebolt020283
03-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Welcome, and nice pictures.

mayhsg
12-20-2010, 11:20 PM
[up]
I'm another lonely Bueller in Mexico.
Just got my bike down to Tijuana. Looking forward to riding with some Californian riders.nullhttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/7377_20100707114244_L.jpg

joser
12-21-2010, 12:22 AM
que chido!!!! if/when I decide to make my trip to Caunutillo Durango and possibly to el DF I will need to hit you two up for some routing.

WALLSXB
12-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the forum and to the Buell family ! Don't be afraid to tell people it's a Buell , that's what makes it special. You say a Buell is a rare site in Mexico, even in the states they are not that common. Enjoy it and be ready to answer alot of questions about the bike ! I've had 4 Volkswagens that came from the plant in puebla . [up]