PDA

View Full Version : ignition switch body screw

agfish18
03-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I got out of class yesterday and went to put my key in my 1125R, but noticed that the ignition switch body was wobbling. I looked underneath, and the screw that fastens it was missing. Does anyone have a part number or know the size/ length/ type of screw that is used to fasten this? Right now the switch is just wobbling, but it is a pain in the ass to turn the key with out that thing stationary.

agfish18
03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
just updating this so it stays up on the main page, hopefully someone will have an answer! I really hate going to the HD dealer and waiting a week for a screw...in more ways than one. ;)

Stevenc150
03-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Any bolts similar to the one that missing you can try in the hole. If you find one that fits correctly, just take that one into a hardware store and get you a new one. Just finding any bolt that will thread in will help get the thread/pitch, then figuring the length would be easy.

agfish18
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info... I figured I could test bolts out, but just wanted to see if anyone knew the exact size/ length before I went digging through my box of loose bolts to find the right match.

agfish18
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Just for future education the screw is a 5/16 X 3/4" torx. Of course, a screw that the local HD dealer didnt have in stock... Its ok, Home depot had them cheaper anyway lol. Got some locktite to hopefully keep them on. Thanks Steve