PDA

View Full Version : Potential Case Saver for 1125

crazyhawk99
03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
There may be more threads related to case savers, but I wanted to reach out and see how much interest there would be in a product similar to that in the link provided.

Let me say straight up that I am in no way involved monetarily in this or any manufacturing process. I have Machineart "case savers" on my BMW R1200GS and really like them. They are made of some type of synthetic "plastic", better described on the company's link. In my opinion, they seem like they would hold up quite well in a slide. The material is hard, but doesn't appear brittle.

Given the lack of available products for the 1125 cases, I thought of this company. I have emailed them to see if they would be interested in designing them for the 1125. As you can imagine, their main concern is the number of buyers to cover cost/profit margins, given Buell is no longer in production.

http://machineartmoto.com/shopsite_sc/xhead.html

The target cost would be approx $150, give or take.

I am hoping to keep this thread constructive. As stated, I have nothing at stake here. I am only in search of an (more) affordable option to the Taylormade product. I am in no way slamming the Taylormade CF covers. From what I have seen, they look nice and owners seem to be happy with them.

If you would seriously be interested in these, make sure and reply.

I also posted this on a few of the other Buell forums in hopes of drumming up more interest.

2009cr
03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd like to see what they come up with, but I'd be interested.

xtreme6669
03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
"Get Er Dun" as the hill billys would say!

09CRRED1
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
actually thats how larry the cable guy says it and he aint no hill billy there arnt any of those in this here state of good ole nebraska

xtreme6669
03-03-2010, 08:57 PM
should I have said red necks?

SchlongCR
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes sir!

mcanavan69
03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
what about these? $300 for both sides...ouch!
Case covers (http://www.ebracing.com/shop/page5.html)

crazyhawk99
03-05-2010, 06:23 AM
"ouch" indeed. That is the problem. Most owners don't want to shell out $300 for these and many aren't interested in carbon fiber.

In addition to that, if you follow the threads on BW, there have been several reports of leaking clutch covers after installing these and some buyers had to modify them to bolt them on. The fitment didn't sound like something you would expect from a high end product. I should point out, I have no first hand experience with them, that is just what I read for what it's worth.

rex
03-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I would be interested in something to help with a lay down. I have front axle sliders, ordering rear for the swing arm, but would like to have something for the engine cases and other small items. Mine dropped over on its side and I scratched the header guard, broke the mirror, and scratched up the right case engine slider.