PDA

View Full Version : FXRG

Phrogg
10-09-2007, 02:12 AM
I have one on the way as of tomorrow and I can not wait for it. I live in Iowa, and the weather is becoming a bit more chilly. I have read tons of good reviews on it online, so the price, although a bit much, is ok. I got from st.paul off of ebay. Which is good because then there is no tax.

What kind of coats do you all wear. Anything that is good for colder weather?

Buellme
10-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Icon Timax 2

Try rideicon.com

midlifecrisis
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I like my FXRG but the zipper is pure crap and HD and my dealer told me too bad sucker. Run a search on FXRG posts under midlifecrisis. Caveat emptor.[down]

2Evil4U
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
i've got the fxrg jacket & gloves. with liner, it's good down to +20F. no issues last winter and it protects well in a getoff.

BuellPartsGuy
10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I see FXRG stuff come back with warranty issues all the time. I stick to all Icon gear. Saved my life plus never had any issues with any of my gear.

Phrogg
10-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Ya, they say the jacket comes with a 5yr. warrenty. I would really like to know what exactly that covers....

midlifecrisis
10-11-2007, 05:21 AM
I've posted on this before, yeah the Motor Company has a warranty but they said to send the jacket to them and maybe after three months I would get it back with a new zipper thing. I'm an ex Harley guy so I'm used to a little wrenching so I'm gonna just put in a new zipper myself. And this after buying a new XB12R too. At least I'm happy with the bike.

Phrogg
10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Alright, I the other day it was around 50-55 degress outside and pouring. Kind of chilly. I rode the bike for roughly 30-40 minutes with the jacket and my torso didn't get wet or cold at all. I was throughly impressed with that! As far as the zippers go....I've had no trouble with it. Lets just hope it last!