PDA

View Full Version : new blast owner needs advice

celticroots
03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Just brought home the wifes 04 blast she has taken the riders edge class and rode an old 250 rebel last year. I will be looking to get a lil more out of this bike and want to start getting parts so when she is ready to upgrade we have them. As a harley owner I am used to paying the harley tax to open them up and get them to run like they should. So what exhaust, breather and jetting would you recomend?

thanks for your advice
celticroots

firebolt020283
03-06-2010, 03:18 PM
not sure what a harley tax is but here American sport bike carrys 3 different exhaust for them, though I am not sure what eles is out there for them.
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-catshow/blastexhaust.html

As for as intakes go I have seen most people ditch the box and just get a k&n that will attach directly to the carb.

jetting I do not know.

celticroots
03-06-2010, 03:32 PM
harley tax is shelling out the cash to open them up and get the to run like they should.

faseljd
03-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Exhaust is dependant upon how much noise you want. D&D and Jardine are probably best bets. Intake is only one best option- Dan's Custom Intake (sold on E-Bay also) include his Super-boot!Add an Irridium race plug and re-jet then thats a great start.

browland
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
go ahead and buy the ridiculously huge big bore kit

celticroots
03-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks faselid do you have any idea on the jetting?

not looking to open the motor up it only has 3500 miles on it just wanting gain a little with exhaust,breather and carb

faseljd
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I have mine with a 48 slow and 180 main, idle mix out 2 turns and needle shimmed .035. Im running Dan's full intake set-up and a D&D pipe and race plug. Runs great and sounds sweet!