PDA

View Full Version : Review of my 1125r after the first 100 Miles

RT Performance
03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I have a new 2009 1125r Before i even road it (other than a short test drive)I removed the noid selnoid installed the resitor a kn air filter and a Barker Slip on exhaust.Also put my custom seat and pillon from my bolt tailed cityx on it.
The good the sound of the barker is awsome.
a ton of power(even though i have yet to spin it over 6k)
having a passenger on does not make the front wheel dance as much as my xb9sxr.
Runs smooth power band is smooth as well.
6 speed trans is awsome and smooth

the bad
The pegs for someone 6'3" are way to high my knees are actually half way up the swells in the tank.
the clip ons aren't bad till you do a stretch of slow riding with a passenger the slowing is uncomfortable and begins to cramp my hands.
the mirrors wich i thought would be awsome since they are big. SUCK the vibrate terrible and a mostly blocked by my elbows.They are not any better than the lolli pops on my xb.
the tack needle vibrates to a blur at 4k.
the fairing doesn't cut down the air half of what i thought it would i will likely change it to a double bubble or touring zero gravity.

I love this Bike i just want to share my feelings.
Wonder if anyone else having the same issues.

firebolt020283
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
My issue is I don't have one.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours though.

blackflash
03-08-2010, 02:05 AM
I had similiar impressions.
Maybe get some drop pegs And a double bubble.
Put a small piece of rubber behing the cluster and that will fix the vibrations of the needle.

RT Performance
03-08-2010, 04:18 AM
thanks Blackfish i assumed it was a gauge issue but i will try that

triple7
03-08-2010, 05:22 AM
RT, My 08 1125R was the same. I put on the drop pegs. Big help. I also put on the mirror extenders from Iron Machine.com. A must for us bigger riders. Now I dont have to suck my elbows in to see whats behind me. I also have the custom seat. A must for long rides. I put on the exhaust turn outs (off ebay) I dont have the money for a pipe yet. A must if you want to keep your rear rotor, disk and wheel clean and undamaged. I got the high R Bar kit from american sportbike.com with the uly bar warmers. OHHHH YAAAA. I sit more upright and it is a whole lot more comfy. But when I first had them on the bars were to wide and it felt weird. Because the bars are wider you needed less input to turn. It sounds good but didnt feel right. So I cut 3/4 of an inch off each bar end and now its great. I took pics today and will post them as soon as I can with some comments.

INSPECTOR
03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
put about 700 miles on my 1125r so far. just took it in to get the first service. so far the bike has been more than i expected. i did have to change the grips and then i went looking for a firebolt touring seat. found one on a bike than someone had traded into a car dealership and the dea;ership let me trade the seats out. now the ride is a lot better. just got the drop pegs today and i bought a vista throttle lock. going to install these two new items this week-end. as far as the pipe, still looking into this. i do not know what i want right now. i might get the turn outs for the stock pipe for now. over all i have been very impressed with this bike.

Bossanova
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
RT good review-
ditto on the mirrors. I can't see much directly behind me (cops?), shoulders in the way. Went on Iron Machine to look at the extenders. They don't look like they would make much difference.

fuel odor/drip: getting a fuel drip from the LH Pax Peg bracket.

Still feeling the bike out. So far I love it and enjoy every moment on it. Amazing machine...

triple7
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Boss, they may not look like it but its night and day on the mirror extenders. They are not super pretty but I'm telling you I dont have to suck my shoulders in anymore. All I know is they work great for me.

agfish18
03-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I am 6'5" and dont have a problem with my legs on mine. The mirrors do suck, I would recommend bar end mirrors. I had them on mine and they worked great! just didnt like the fact that I didnt have turn signals up front, but that can be fixed with some flush mount LED's or some aftermarket signals you can find in any sport bike shop.

RT Performance
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I am ok pulling in to look but the dam things are vibrating so bad there a complete blurr [sad]
I swapped my xb pegs on mine last night seems alot better.
I may go bar ends.
I have thought i just put yellow bulbs on the outside of the headlights the 194's and use those for turn signals

freight dog
03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I am also planning on a double bubble. Unless I am laying on the tank, the airblast is as bad as a naked, and I am only 5'10". What was the point of that gargantuan fairing anyway?

I also agree about the mirrors. When I pull my elbows in, nothing but blurry shapes. They are better than the Ducati 848, you litteraly have to lean over like you are looking under the table to see out of those. Not sure if I want to do the bar ends, or go with a backup camera. A backup camera is really slick, but I am just a "simple but effective solution" kind of guy.

Then of course I will wire my turn signals into the running lights.

freight dog
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
One more change I would make, adjustable rearsets. I am ok with them where they are, but I could probably tolerate them being a bit higher myself.

RT Performance
03-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Hmmm back up camera that's an intresting idea.
The drop pegs help a ton also getting more use to the clip ons now my legs are online with the frame I can support myself by hugging it .
So far I really love this bike.

freight dog
03-15-2010, 04:46 AM
I just saw a nice backup camera for $89 IIRC at Advance Auto Parts. Either 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 display. (The 3 1/2 was $129). The camera bracket would need to be trimmed down and drilled for a motorcycle size plate, and I am not sure yet how I would mount it on the Jardine fender eliminator, but it has me thinking.

If I get that double bubble screen it would have the added benefit of making more room for the monitor...

redliner172
03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Just curious, where would you mount the monitor? drilled into and mounted to the windscreen? or maybe to the left or right of the IC? I suppose you could fabricate brackets for that. Also, I would offset the camera a little bit for the sake of mud and dirt. It shouldnt be too big of a deal but I could see the lens getting really dirty from the tire from time to time if it sits dead center on the FE. Then again, I have ZERO experience with backup cameras.

freight dog
03-18-2010, 04:04 AM
The one I have seen had it mounted to the top of the instrument cluster with velcro IIRC.

Looking at the FE, I am getting the feeling I will have to fab a homemade plate holder to allow mounting the camera. I don't see a good mounting point on the Jardine FE. Maybe if I hang something from the signal mount holes to hold the camera...

RT Performance
03-18-2010, 04:18 AM
couldn't you just mount it to the bottom plat holes
with a decant frame it should be pretty solid

freight dog
03-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah, that's the problem. With the Jardine FE kit, there is no lower plate mount. I will have to make one with bottom mounting points I guess.

redliner172
03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Why dont you run wires through the undertail and drop it down through just before the tail light. That should work and keep it hidden too. I guess that is similar to your idea but it seems like the best route. Post pics so we can see how you are doing it just in case we might want to do it to.