PDA

View Full Version : City Bike meets City Driving!

NOMADIC
03-07-2010, 11:56 PM
It's a bit lengthy and poor editing, first vid I ever made.. enjoy!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVYV-lYkSaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVYV-lYkSaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

JOEL9
03-08-2010, 12:11 AM
F that lane splitting! i'm not in that much of a hurry. now i realize why there are so many buells being parted out:D. pretty good vid. though, a little buzzy.

MAGIC
03-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I know some about this type of driving. I try not to go to downtown Chi, hate cabbies and buses, especially cabbies...

joel if you not lane split you stuck, what's the point of riding a bike than or actually not riding just sitting in traffic and getting hot. As might as well you can take a cage and chill.

NOMADIC
03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey Magic... Yea I kinda like DT driving??

JOEL9
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
thanks magic, if you think i "stuck" as you put it thats cool. i guess i just value my health & life a little bit more than you, which is ok. plus it's illegal for me in wa.

Defender88
03-08-2010, 01:30 AM
^^^^ Agreed. I didnt even know it was legal in IL

NOMADIC
03-08-2010, 01:39 AM
yes Joel, I fully realize it's far from the smartest and safest form of riding,and yes it is illegal here as well of course.... The camera just makes the ride a bit more dramatic and I dont think I exceeded 20mph while lane splitting... I was just emphasizing the joy of having a short wheel based torque monster.. thats all, nothing more nothing less.. Anyway try riding through New York or Chicago and tell me that you wont split lanes... This is where I learned to ride a bike, in the heart of the city although it still does not fully justify for this type of riding even though the bike is a "City Cross" If I lived in the burbs or sticks I probably would have bought a BMW or something a bit more suitable for cruising and not a "CITY BIKE" No offense taken btw only because I am aware of my actions as I would my re precautions and can justify them for my self. :)

konarider94
03-08-2010, 02:02 AM
may not be the safest way to ride but looks like it might be fun

JOEL9
03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
it's all good nomadic. i liked your vid., just saying lane splitting is not for me. and someone saying i "stuck" beacause i don't do it is just stupid.

NOMADIC
03-08-2010, 03:23 AM
yea, I guess it may be "stupid" but the funny thing is I consider my self a very cautious and considerate driver.. After owning a couple cars the well exceeded 400hp at the wheel I never once got a ticket for any sort of speeding or reckless driving and no it's not because I never got caught.

NOMADIC
03-08-2010, 03:26 AM
o and yea, it all good! :D