PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy!?!?!?!?!?

jcrane82
03-09-2010, 12:08 AM
OK, I have owned my 2004 Buell XB12S for the past 4 years. Loved every mile with it. It was my fourth bike after a long affair with Japanese rockets. The Buell is everything I ever wanted in a motorcycle.

And this brings me to my question.....I just recently spent 300 bucks to paint the XB, and just last week I bought a 2009 1125CR. The crazy part is that I have never ridden a 1125R or a 1125CR. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about my decision. I have read as many reviews and opinions as I can, so I hope I didn't made a bad decision.

On another note....I made plans to visit EBR and have Erik sign my freshly painted XB air box cover so I can clear coat it. I still plan on visiting EBR, but feel bad having him sign a cover on a bike I know I will be selling. I think I will bring the cover and tell him the story, may make for some good chit chat. Maybe he will still sign it even though he knows I plan on selling it. Am I crazy for trying to follow trough on my plans on having him sign the cover for a bike I will no longer own?

I wish I could keep the XB, but that isn't a possibility right now.

Supermanrider
03-09-2010, 12:21 AM
take a part of the cr to him and have that signed and then clear coat over it if you really wanted to keep his signature for yourself and then you wouldnt feel as bad getting rid of your XB being signed

Trill
03-09-2010, 12:22 AM
couldn't you just have him sign your new airbox cover?

Maskido
03-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree with the last two posts. But I also don't see a problem with getting both signed. Chances are, whoever will buy the XB will be a Buell enthusiast & will appreciate having the signature.

As far as buying the CR, I did the same thing. I actually looked to buy a XB12Ss but came across the CR & decided to get the latter sight unseen & never have ridden it prior. Best decision I have ever made. Hope you enjoy your bike!

jcrane82
03-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the input everyone. I have thought of having him sign the CR airbox cover, but I think it won't look good if I clear over it. I would think it wouldn't match the other plastic parts. I do plan on having him sign my rear seat cover on the CR as well, but I won't keep it on the bike and will buy another cover for everyday use. I will probably put the signed rear seat cover on my wall.

Has anyone clearcoated over the Buell plastics? How does it look? Can you even tell a color difference between the clearcoated cover and the stock color? I guess I just assumed clearcoat wouldn't stick to the stock plastics without sanding them first. Clearcoat is still just clear paint and needs something to stick to.

jcrane82
03-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Also, I want him to sign my new airbox cover, but then I would need to remove the decals in order to clearcoat. It just seems like too much work to do to a brand new bike.

Thaloc
03-09-2010, 02:04 AM
I think it would look awesome on the tail piece, if you could get him to sign each side behind the rear air intakes. [up]

hula Buell
03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Good choice Son now get out there and let rip!!!!

jcrane82
03-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Has anyone clearcoated over the stock Buell plastics? The Buell plastics aren't painted stock, and are colored by the plastic itself. I know clear needs something to stick to, so I don't know if having him sign my CR rear seat cover then clearing would work. It seems I would have to rough the seat cover with 1000 grit first, then have him sign, then clearcoat....but has anyone clearcoated over the stock plastics before?

RT Performance
03-10-2010, 01:30 AM
I had him sign my pillon cover .After the last ride.
Now i kinda want to repaint the bike so i am looking for another hang the auto graphed one on the wall :)