PDA

View Full Version : Buell hooded sweatshirt *Design Contest*

zombieBUELLer
10-12-2007, 09:50 PM
anyone know where i can get a hold of a black zip-up Buell hoody? i know some dealers had them. there is one on ebay but its a 2XL. i'm not that big .. yet ..

buellxb
10-13-2007, 04:53 AM
I would also like a Buell sweatshirt. Maybe if a few hundred more members post on this thread asking for the same, Buell will let someone make them for us. Size Large please!

mrdozer2you
10-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Maybe if a few hundred more members post on this thread asking for the same, Buell will let someone make them for us. Size Large please!

If I were you, I would shoot Buell an E-mail to their marketing department. If Buellxb.com wanted to get some shirts made up maybe Buell would kick in a bit. You know, co-op advertising. Its worth a shot, if all else maybe they'd give Buellxb.com a discount on their clothes and maybe a private label or something.

Or just get some made up and screw Buell. Sometimes its easier to ask for forgivness than permission.

buellxb
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you could make your own Buell anything as long as it was for personal use and you're not trying to sell it or profit from it. There are so many cool websites out there for making your own clothing such as zazzle.com, www.cafepress.com and www.uberprints.com.

Just Google phrases like 'custom sweatshirts' and you will find tons of choices.

zombieBUELLer
10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
this is the Buell sweatshirt (http://www.rkstratman.com/ARCHIVE_STEPS/CATALOGIMG_ZOOM.asp?ID=59093) i am referring to. it was in this www.rkstratman.com company's summer 07 catalog. it seams that you have to be a HD/Buell dealer to order from them.

i guess i'm SOL cause i've called 4 HD dealers that "claim" to have Buell clothing and they all say the same thing... "no sweatshirts... but we have a few XXXXL t-shirts!" my question is... how many people that wear an XXXXL shirt ride a Buell? NONE! thats how many!

so yeah making one sounds like the way to go!

mrdozer2you
10-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I can get T shirts made locally with 2 colors for around $3.79 each ( including shirt ) Thats what I do for my company, problem is I have to buy a minimum of 500 [sad] Sweatshirts are a bit more.

Buellxb, why dont you get some made up and sell them in your store? We would buy them, just dont kill us on price. Maybe start a topic and see if people are interested and what they would pay. [up]

buellxb
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
I thought about making 'buellxb.com' t-shirts and sweatshirts, but I would give them away to members for free. I don't want to deal with trademark issues by using Buell's trademark.

I know some members have design skills. Why don't we get some designs for a new Buellxb.com sweatshirt/t-shirt going on this post. Let's take some votes and I will let everyone email me with a shipping address, size, etc and I will get them ordered.

There are no trademark issues if I give them away for free.

mrdozer2you
10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Well Buellxb.com is different from Buell right? So no issues, I say you should sell them for something, maybe a donation? You shouldn't take a loss givin us all shirts, unless you are absolutely filthy rich and dont care :p then.....hey, whatever floats your boat [up]

buellxb
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I look at it as a promotional thing. Free shirts will be part of my marketing/advertising budget. I'm far from rich, but this website is self-sustaining to this point. So let's see some shirt designs!

Das Bolt
10-18-2007, 11:59 PM
How 'bout a shirt with the BUELLXB logo the same way it is at the top of the web site,kind of a spray paint/stencil thing.Go for the underground,grassroots look.Or you'd probaly get sued for it,but a Harly bar and shield emblem with BUELLXB where H.D should be and maybe a slogan underneath.Or here's one,I don't know if you've ever seen the warnings on construction equipment,but it's basicly a stick figure being killed or maimed in some horrible way.You could do a stencil of a Buell(preferably a Firebolt)and rider getting pulled over by a stick figure cop

dmp0001
10-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I used this design to make my vest, except I used the standard buell logo, I had the bar and shield cut from orange reflective tape and the buell logo cut from silver
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/961_20071018181000_L.jpg

zombieBUELLer
10-19-2007, 04:42 AM
do you want the design to say buellxb.com?

buellxb
10-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it should say buellxb.com to avoid trademark issues. You know, just to be on the safe side.

mrdozer2you
10-20-2007, 12:58 PM
If we wanted to be safe we'd all drive Volvo's :D:D:D

dmp0001
10-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I do drive a volvo, thank you. ha ha... I like to keep my daughter safe