PDA

View Full Version : file this under .. ugh ..

zombieBUELLer
10-12-2007, 10:20 PM
"bored and broke" [smirk]

I JB welded metal spikes to the flyscreen screws. thats it. pretty self explanatory!

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/568_20071012151901_L.jpg

His_and_Her_Buells
10-13-2007, 03:30 PM
That's actually pretty cool! Forgive me for this but trying to look for a better way is part of my nature (my wife wants me to seek help for it) but what if you tapped the spikes with the same thread as the screw holes for the flyscreen then used a short piece of allthread.

mrdozer2you
10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
what if you tapped the spikes with the same thread as the screw holes for the flyscreen then used a short piece of allthread

That would work too....but its not as permanent. Besides, you cant have an American product without either JB weld or Duct Tape on it somewhere. [up]

His_and_Her_Buells
10-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Besides, you cant have an American product without either JB weld or Duct Tape on it somewhere.

True, but I thought streetfighters were to be urban, not ghetto:p

NL90
10-13-2007, 07:51 PM
True, but I thought streetfighters were to be urban, not ghetto

:D :D :D

zombieBUELLer
10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
i suppose you could do this the allthread route. but i already had the JB weld. it was in my toolbox right next to the duct tape.

i suppose it is kinda ghetto... whatever. i think it looks pretty cool. and looking cool is more important that actually being cool!!
:D

His_and_Her_Buells
10-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Don't mean to dis your methods. I can truelly understand going the quick and handy route for immediate gratification. And it's a good idea if your not sure you're going to like the end results (a lot less time wasted). I definately like the results, so I'll be stealing your idea thank you very much :D

mrdozer2you
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
True, but I thought streetfighters were to be urban, not ghetto

So whats the difference? I think thats determined by the amount of road rash on your bike, or the faux fur used to cover it up [up]

Besides, they use Duct tape on the space shuttle
:D:D:D

His_and_Her_Buells
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
The space shuttle is all about function not form. A mod like this has no function so it should be all about the form.

zombieBUELLer
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
oh man, faux fur! that gives me an idea. that and some of that faux stone spray paint! oh boy!!!!!

haha! :D

XBear9S
11-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Since when is ghetto NOT American????
For God's sake!
Elvis sang about the freakin' ghetto...

Someone pass the apple pie and duct tape.
Thanx...

Oh yeah! Happy Thanxgivin'.
How American is that!

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

MrOrange
11-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Besides, they use Duct tape on the space shuttle

When duct tape is used on aircraft it is called 100MPH Tape...:) My mustang is held together with Cargo straps and safety wire. My Buell, just safety wire. :D