PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Idle adjuster cable.

HOVERJOCKI
10-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Has anyone out there reset the TPS and have trouble turning the idle adjuster cable???
I had a hell of a time with mine to the point it turned in to a pig tail...had to have the dealer replace it.
Havent played with it since it came out the shop last week but just curious if anyone else had this problem.
Cheers
Justin

BuellPartsGuy
10-13-2007, 05:07 AM
The one on my bike was kinda hard to turn when I first bought it, but I lubed the cable and lubed it at the point on the throttle body and it got a lot better

HOVERJOCKI
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM
how do you lube the cable?? the guy at the HD store said to lube it up alot before you try to turn it, but how do you do that...know i sound dumb but what kind of lube do you use? WD40? and wheres the throttle body? what do you mean... i have no idea about bikes and learning as i go so sorry for what might seem dumb questions
Cheers
Justin

BuellPartsGuy
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Any type of cable lube would work. The easiest way to lube that cable is taking the entire air box assembly off and lubing it there. That way you can see the whole thing and its easy to get to. Just spray the lube on the spot where it connects to the throttle body and spray it into the cable's housing.

HOVERJOCKI
10-14-2007, 01:06 AM
cheers

ctrucky
11-11-2007, 01:04 PM
one of the aftermarket companys make a kit, that has a aluminum applicator that goes around the end of the cable, and kind of seals it to keep the lube inside the cable, and then put the tiny little lube applicator into the spray head ofthe lube can, then put the tiny little lube applicator into the aluminum cable adaptor applicator thingy, and spray away. dont be afraid to use too much lube. let it a little while and do it again. then when everythingelse has been properly cleaned, and lubed, start turning the cable, or pulling the cable.sorry thisis so vague with the item names!!!