PDA

View Full Version : uni air filters

firebolt020283
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Just now I was searching on ebay for either a k&n or a pro series air filter when I ran across a Uni air filter for xb bikes. I know in Europe Trojan likes and promotes a foam filter they sell, but has anyone used a uni on there xb? If so how well do you like or dislike it?

Miami78
03-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Here's a nice link that shows a comparison:
http://duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm

I didn't care for how the uni fared, would really like to see a wix for the xb though!

firebolt020283
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
interesting article but, The people sure did try to tell everyone that there is no benefit to buying aftermarket filters yet did not do any test to prove that high flow filters do not make more power. All he did it prove that paper filters filter more than other options.

Miami78
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I think that statement is more aimed at the folks driving cars that have nothing modified and toss a k&n or something in for a filter. They won't see any change in performance but will be passing a lot more dirt. His statement of "unless you have modifications out the wazoo" probably applies to most of us here...

I do like that it shows specifically how much restriction, filtering ability, and dirt capacity each filter posesses.

Kole_DeWoody
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I have one and i have been really happy with it. Flows alot easy to clean good fit.

firebolt020283
03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
kole_dewoody,

does it have a rubber lip on top and bottom edges like the other options or does the foam cover the top and bottom? I ask because I plan on using the ASB open airbox kit and would be concerned with wheather or not it would seal well if it has the foam on top and bottom like I think it does.