PDA

View Full Version : 1125 Breather Re-Route

landinr
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
So here is the deal, I have been reading up on the re-route mod that everyone has done but nothing has been mentioned about the 1125. I got curious and did some exploring. I am going to assume that the concept would be the same but still want to get opinions from the forum before I attempt to do the mod. I took a few pic to show what I am working with. There are only two hoses going from the box one is exposed in Pic 1 the other is in pic 2 under a box with a piece of foam in it, im guessing its to prevent fluid coming back into the air box. So are these the hoses that I am supposed to be connecting in the mod. Id appreciate the advise Thanks.

landinr
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Sorry i forgot to put in the picshttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3056_20100310185520_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3056_20100310185530_L.jpg

landinr
03-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Come on guys no one has any input?:(

xtreme6669
03-11-2010, 03:20 AM
The only hose I re-routed was the long one your touching in the first pic... It runs down the passenger foot peg and when I removed that I removed the hard plastic pre-bent line it connects to and used a piece of vac. hose to rout it down between my frame and swing arm.

I haven't noticed any residue in my air box so I'm not concerned with the other hose.

xtreme6669
03-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Also there should be a thick rubber seal around the throttle bodies sealing them to the air box... Hope you just have it mocked up to show what hoses your talking about!

landinr
03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
You are right, I took that seal off to get the cover off the throttle body. As for the hose I have my finger on i'snt that the fuel line? It ran on top of the air box cover, I was holding it out of the way. Im pretty sure that the hoses that recycle the engine gasses are the ones in the second pic. You got one on the top right and the other on bottom left in that small box with the filter/sponge in it. Again, if anyone has done the breather re-route please post a pic or inform me if I am way off here.

Stevenc150
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Is it possible to trace both of them to ensure each goes into a cylinder head?

landinr
03-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I will have to do that next time I get the time. I dont have a garage to work in and its supposed to rain all weekend here but I will get to that as soon as I can and post up my finds. Hopefully we all can learn something here. Guess theres only one way to figure things out, like nike, Just DO It.

xtreme6669
03-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Yes, the one in the first pic with your finger on it is the fuel vent line... you will find that if you fill the bike up with gas and then park it soon after with the bike hot it will leak fuel... esp. in the summer when its hot out.

Also I have read of some people having had problems with the larger hose on the right binding up the throttle linkage if its left flush like your pic shows... it should be pulled thru the lower air box about 3/4 inch

landinr
03-12-2010, 02:45 AM
good looks...it was pulled down in as I was removing the lower airbox before I decided to snap a pic of it. I think when I put it all back together I pulled it through a little more...Ill double check it when the weather clears up.

RT Performance
03-12-2010, 04:50 AM
well being the 1125 has that little filter.
Lower left where the square connection goes.
I am guessing i didn't look very close when i did my denoid. the other hose likely has a pcv or is ported vacuum.
the 1125 being water cooled won't experience the heat issue the v twins air cooled when they begin to puke oil in the air box.
i doubt there is a need for the re route

03Firebolt9R
03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree with RT. The Rotax motor wont have the oil "blow by" that the XB motors have. So a reroute shouldnt be necessary. I may be wrong, but that is my .02 cents.