PDA

View Full Version : Race Chip

HOVERJOCKI
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
As a few of you have seen i have posted a couple of times on here about the race chip. Got one, put it in and for some reason i expected to open the throttle and jump in to hyperspace with the nose pointing to the moon; might sound dumb but i'm a 42 year old kid.
Have noticed that the bike does excellerate pretty good in 5th gear but not noticing anything in the low end gears. Thought the nose should rise off the ground when i floor it but not so unless i need to go on yet another diet.
Anyway, point of this whole thing, i'm looking to learn from you guys that ride all the time and have been so for years that understand about mods and what to expect. I'm not looking for a degree in motorcycle knowledge but just a basic understanding of the advanced stuff out there.
Thanks alot to anyone who can help.
Cheers
Justin

dmp0001
10-13-2007, 04:34 PM
each performance mod is going to change the feel of your bike to some degree, do you have any other mods or just the chip? the chip was designed to help your injection when you have a filter/exhaust in place, without these you probably wont see a big change and might even run a little rich. the difference you are wanting to feel could be felt doing all 3 at once but these are minor changes. to make a HUGE change you would have to go with more major mods.

HOVERJOCKI
10-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I have the drummer exhaust and the K&N air filter...the chip was the last addition.
Justin

dmp0001
10-14-2007, 04:41 AM
if you would have done them all at once you would have seen a major change but one by one they each make small changes, I think you would be suprised if you rode a stock one now how much better yours feels, and the ecm should give you more seemless power with a smoother power curve + a few hp to boost

HOVERJOCKI
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
The one thing i have noticed is the pretty good acceleration in 5th gear at 4000 rpm, it takes off pretty quickly and also i am hitting 60 to 80 pretty quickly also through the gears from start....i don't mean everything turns in to a blur when i open up but i didn't actually pay attention to this when i finished the upgrades.
Would be interesting though to ride a stock to se the differences.
Thanks for everyones input.
Justin