PDA

View Full Version : trouble code 21

Northrider
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Good day, When starting my 2007 ulysses a trouble code 21 came flashing on...the bike started but ran really rich and would not idle..found the muffler valve actuator opening and closing constantly..possible ecm failure ? any ideas? will i need a tps reset if i change the ecm? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

GatorBuell
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
First time iv ever seen that problem. First thing I would do is unplug the battery to reset the ecm. Then I would replace the actuator. Im betting someone on here with a aftermarket pipe could send you one cheep or free. Last I would mess with the ecm. I will see if I can find mine.

Dutchbuell
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
If you change your ecm you have to reset the tps.

bguinn
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Probably not the actuator if it is moving. The actuator follows signals from the ecm. If you still believe it is the actuator, just unplug the actuator. You will get a check engine light for that, but it will run fine, just won't operate the valve in the exhaust.

I would lean more towards air temperature sensor in the airbox, or the O2 sensor in the header.

Either one of these can cause the fuel regulation to go nuts.

Northrider
05-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Well, after replacing the interactive exhaust valve and ordering a new race EMC from EBR racing I found the TPS sensor to be defective. The EMC gave me the wrong trouble code... My local Harley shop installed the new EBR racing EMC but found it would not read the new TPS sensor .. Replace the original EMC and it worked great.I have contacted EBR racing, but they have not got back to me to solve the defective ECM.. I hope this is not something Eric wants from his new company..Anybody else have troubles get help from EBR racing/ THANKS.