PDA

View Full Version : My 07 Buell XB12Ss

Koolkim
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1049_20071014092828_L.jpg

BuellPartsGuy
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Looking good. Where ya from? What all do you have done to the bike?

Koolkim
10-14-2007, 06:05 PM
First of all...I'm a guy...lol. I'm 48yrs old and live in a small town in Ontario Canada.
I owned a bike ...like 30 yrs ago, but never got my licence. So really this is my 2nd foray into this sport. I've done some dirt biking, 3wheelers, snowmobiling and most recently 4wheelers. I bought a 07 Buell XB12Ss this summer slightly used 2500k on it. Got my licence by doing a course late August. Really got riding in Sept. Put on say... 2000k's since. I realized this isn't actually a great beginner bike but what the hell. I swore I would not get a sport bike...but would get a cruiser. Love Harley's but they are way to $$$ and was thinking maybe a Honda. So cruisin the net I fell in luv with the Lightning Ss, so as not to disappoint my friends ...by not getting a Harley...I got a Buell...problem solved...lol. So far...luv it. It stumbles a bit in the low gears 1-3 ...which is annoying but I'm sure we'll get somebody to help me out.

Mods that came with the bike are...
Jardine exhaust
Race computer...not sure what it's all about.
K&N filter

buellxb
10-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Your Buell looks good! Welcome to the community, and I know you'll enjoy the motorcycle. [up]

mrdozer2you
10-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Mods that came with the bike are...
Jardine exhaust
Race computer...not sure what it's all about.
K&N filter

Those are all good mods to start off...and by stumbling what do you mean? If the previous owner changed the computer maybe he forgot to have the TPS reset? Please explain the stumbling a bit more :)

The next mod I would do is get rid of the ugly mickey mouse mirrors. They vibrate alot and all I could see with mine was my shoulders/elbows. I got some CRG bar end mirrors and they are probably the best money I spent on my bike so far, they look great and are dead still no matter what RPM.( and I can actually see behind me [up])

Other than that....it looks great!! Enjoy!!

Koolkim
10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks all....appreciate the comments.
"Stumbling"...well it's not smooth in 2nd or 3rd gears ..gas flow wise...rough delivery/hesitation on occasion. Like slowing down and turning left or right. Some surging action also when travelling at a slow pace through a town in 3rd. Sorry not to be more specific ...I'm very new to the sport and motorcycling in general. How do ya reset the TPS and what exactly is it? Computer that controls the fuel injection system?
Ya the mirrors suck...lol. Exactly what you said...I've adjusted them a few times with little satisfaction. I'll be sure to look into those CRG mirrors you mentioned..thanks a ton. I was thinking about getting the rear seat bag...for $69.99 I need a lil storage. Thanks again.

dmp0001
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
that 'Stumbling' doesnt sound normal I agree with mrdozer, get your tps reset. I had a similar issue with mine when I bought it and the tps fixed it. your HD dealer should only charge for 1/2 an hour.

Koolkim
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm just asking.....would unhooking the battery reset this tps? I'm sure someone would have tried this or just know it can't be done...cars sometimes this happens.

LeFox
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm just asking.....would unhooking the battery reset this tps? I'm sure someone would have tried this or just know it can't be done...cars sometimes this happens.

no, it's wouldn't.
tps settings are stored & saved...so it needs a reset via software.

Koolkim
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks LeFox