PDA

View Full Version : Remus Powerizer . . .

wyobuell
03-13-2010, 11:27 AM
any experiences out there with this product? looking for an easy way to make a slip-on work. . . Spent too much time with my Uly to want to duplicate the process

Alfatango1
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Remus exhaust are great. I had one on one of my Alfa Romeo's. They are really pricey though for the Buells. Have you checked their website out?

wyobuell
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Briefly . . . .was actually looking at the FMF exhaust, with the powerizer for fueling issues. Claims to be a plug and play affair, but Im still skeptical

theoctopus
03-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't think anyone has had really great results from any of the plug-and-play options. An in-line adjuster just can't do what a true remap is capable of.

wyobuell
03-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I figured as much, but was hopeful. Looks like my laptop is gonna get a lot more seat time! Thanks all

freight dog
03-15-2010, 04:34 AM
If you don't mind the time and money for a dyno tune, the Power Commander V sounds like the best piggyback solution. It isn't as expensive as Buell Racing's programmable ECM even including tuning. It also offers the option of two maps and the ability to switch on the fly and a plug n play quickshifter. It may be the most attractive option to me only because the local dyno guys have no interest in messing with ECM mapping but they are all set up for the PC V.

In my neck of the woods, Northern Ohio Ducati will install the PC V, and fully map it, about 3 hours dyno time, for $250 flat. Three hours and done with measurable results. Sounds like a plan to me.