PDA

View Full Version : PAGING BUELLPARTSGUY

ArizonaBuell
10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm in Arizona, SE Valley, I pulled a code 21 and discovered my Exhaust Servo acting up. Do you know if there is a service bulletin concerning early 2006 bikes? I have a 06' xb12r built in Apr 2006. I would really just like to change it myself, rather then deal with taking it to Chandler HD and that racket. I'm not sure if Buell would let me change it out myself for a warranty part.

BuellPartsGuy
10-15-2007, 04:08 PM
As far as for changing it yourself, its not really an option, unless you wanted to pay for it yourself. Warranty will not cover a part unless it is installed by the dealer. One of the many hoops the dealer has to go through to get the part covered under warranty.

The problem could be in these few things

Short in the actuator circut
Blown BK/Hn/Mflr
Short in brake light or horn circuts.
Physical problem with the actuator or cable.

Check out those few things and let me know what the problematic item is on your bike.

I checked all the current recalls/service bulletins and came up with nothing involving the exhaust servo, so you're safe there.

Need any further info, just hit me up

ArizonaBuell
10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
I replaced the fuse several weeks ago, never a fault with that. Noticed one day my horn didn't work. This is what I know, I looked at the cable, disconnected it from the servo...I can feel and hear the valve close, squeaks in the muffler when I pull and release. The servo actuates normally with the cable off, it seems to struggle to even move with the cable connected no matter what the tension is. Per the service manual instructions, I do not see my sharpie mark at all as it cycles, cable adjustment doesn't help it at all. It seems like my servo is failing to open properly due to some unknown reason, nothing is shredded or damaged inside. How much can you get the servo for through your connections? Or do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

BuellPartsGuy
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Part Number - S0138.2AA - $95.00 retail

If your bike is under warranty, dont even mess with it. Just take it in, get it taken care of. Or worst case scenario, just order an emulator for $40 of the net.

ArizonaBuell
10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Where is the best place to score an emulator, in the event I put on an aftermarket exhaust in the future?
Thanks for the info, BTW.
Tim

BuellPartsGuy
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9313.html

Check these guys out, but if you do your research, you can make one pretty easy.

xbhooligan434
10-16-2007, 04:14 AM
buellpartsguy do u have alink with to the service bulletins or recall info just trying to see if my 04 has had any recalls or service info thanks in advance

BuellPartsGuy
10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
If want to run down to your dealership nearby, they can run it for free to see if there is anything that applies to your bike or if you want to e-mail me your VIN I can do it and let you know.

xbhooligan434
02-15-2008, 07:52 AM
hey sorry to dig this thread up from the grave but BPG was wondering if your offer still stands about seeing if my bike has any recalls thanks bro

LeFox
02-15-2008, 09:28 AM
this is also an option: click (http://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/ServiceCheckup.asp)

BuellPartsGuy
02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I can run it for you if you would like.

His_and_Her_Buells
03-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Just a thought, if his servo is working fine w/o the cable attached couldn't he just leave the cable uhooked and save the $40. That is how I did my 12Ss w/valveless muffler to avoid the check engine light.

flatbrokecycles
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
i was wondering if all the buell's run rich when they are started? mine huffs a plume of rich exhaust for a good 2 mins till it leans out. normal?

BuellPartsGuy
04-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, they run fairly rich until they warm up.