PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation Problems on a 2008 XB12Ss

speedybuell
10-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Traded in the road king and got a new 2008 XB12Ss. Bike is great, love it. Is it normal for it to have a hesitation at stop lights? When you rev the engine it wants to lug out. I actually had it cut out on my twice today when I was making turns. What gives? Fuel injection is not supposed to act like this! My old carb bike had better throttle response than this! Help, whats the answer?

zombieBUELLer
10-16-2007, 02:53 AM
no thats not normal. obviously something is wrong. could be the kanuter valves? or maybe the piston return springs!

but seriously.. if someone cant offer help on here take it to the stealership!

mrdozer2you
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
TPS reset? Where did you last get gas, I know it sounds lame but when was your last fill up?

speedybuell
10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I havent even put gas in it yet, just got it about 5 days ago. I talked to the tech and he said that they all have that hesitation and the only thing that fixes it is a race upgrade computer. I still say something is wrong.

mrdozer2you
10-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Could be as simple as ****ty gas. Those bikes sit at the dealer for ages with tid bits of fuel in them. Another thing is alot of little problems will get better as the bike breaks in. Just do your break in properly, and check your fuel, maybe top it off with some fresh premium.

madbuell
10-24-2007, 12:48 AM
for my modest point of view and my experience, this is normal!
mine had HUGE problems with hesitation since i reached the 1000 miles, bike shutted off several times and i returned the bike such lots of times that the dealership wanted to give me the money back!
put some more miles on the bike and wait, see if gets better, i had huge improvement changing the pipe, air filter and open airbox.
but i gotta tell you that mine is doing it also now, after a year and 5000 miles, once in a while but is still doing it!
and i tried a friend of mine's one, older than mine and with more miles, and had exactly the same problem!
you bought a Buell, is not a normal bike, remember!
is just weird that they changed the fuel injection on the '08 models but they didn't fix this problem...
i don't think is the TPS cause is the first thing they do when they sell a new Buell, resetting the TPS!
could understand if you changed the ECU, but very rare if is a stock bike!

Rutabox
10-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Hey speedybuell, this is my first post. I have a 2008 12R with 1200 miles(going in for service this week). Mine will hesitate and only improves when she warms up.

speedybuell
10-24-2007, 06:56 AM
I have since had to refuel and it has improved the hesitation alot! I am still giving it time to break in because the ecu is completely different on the 08s, it suposively is adaptive and learns. It still gets like a bottoming out when you rev the engine at a stop lite. I dunno seems like they could fix this.

mrdozer2you
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Dont rev the engine at stop lights!!!...This will cause some of the missing.

The technical reason for this has been posted...sorry I dont remember where, but it's here. [up]