View Full Version : looking for rubber shifter cap

03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
anyone have the little rubber cap off of the end of the shifter. Mine is torn and i need a new one. I know asb has them for only a couple bucks but last time i ordered from them shipping was expensive for the small box of stuff i bought. If no one has one to part with i will break down and buy one but thought id ask. and i just noticed they have a 20 dollar minimum purchase.


03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
ride without it, you'll find you dont need it.

03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Dealership can order it. It will most likely take awhile but there wont be any shipping.

Kali...I thought you were going to say something about better needs for the rubber, like rubbers.

03-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Just use truck bedliner. ;)

03-16-2010, 11:29 PM
or black duct tape (thats what i've got on mine) or silver if you want.....well heck any color nowa days!

03-16-2010, 11:47 PM
if you want to order one: #N0600.02A8A TOE PEG, shift lever.[up]

03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
thanks for the part number. and yes i can ride without it but the shifter looks really strange without it...kinda like it needs a rubber on it if you know what i mean. i am planning on spraying the rest of it with the bedliner anyway though.

03-17-2010, 12:35 AM
oh yeah should have used the rubber instead to make douche applicators. I forgot 9R. On a side note wonder if I can spray my tires with rhino liner?

03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
or just use a douche applicator on the shifter

03-17-2010, 01:25 AM
LMAO You are killin me kali.[up]

03-17-2010, 03:29 AM
im not sure its that funny but it seems you are just joking around. i just hope your not insisting im a douche by saying i should put a douche applicator on my motorcycle[confused]

03-17-2010, 05:31 AM
nah, kona its was a childish, imature and frankly just classless joke from another thread that 9R started.

03-17-2010, 05:44 AM
I wonder if bed liner would rub off on my desert boots like the regular rubber piece does.

03-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, sorry Kona. Just jokin around. :)

03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
im guessing the bedliner is a little bit harder than the rubber toe cap so it may not. im going to pick some up this weekend.

and no problem, didnt realize it was a reference to something else.

03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
they also make that plastic dip for tool handles etc. personally I'de save my dough. you mentioned it looked odd (it does at first but after two weeks of looking at it without the boot I bet a dollar you'll think its looks odd with it. but be advised this advice is from a guy with one rep point, I shouldn't even be here!

03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
how about one of these?

03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
shifter prophylatic sweet

03-17-2010, 06:00 PM
you could have just said condom kali...make me have to google why don't ya

03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
whats that red thing in front suppose to accomplish?

delta one
03-19-2010, 07:58 PM
its a shifter boot. keeps you from getting your shoes dirty or wearing through them. but they normally don't work because the boot gets dirty and then rubs on your shoes. you would need to change it every few days and wash it. the big one up front is just a larger picture of the item.

what year is your bike with the torn boot? the older bikes shift lever was not as long as the boot so they had a greater tenancy to tear. a new shift lever isn't that much money and you shouldn't tear it again after that.

03-19-2010, 11:11 PM

04-17-2010, 03:33 AM
I just bought a new shifter lever and it came with a rubber on it. So i have extra new one still in the package. If u r still looking for one.

04-17-2010, 03:48 AM
thanks for checking but i already bought one.

04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I need one of those too, where did you get it?

04-17-2010, 09:12 PM
i had to buy it from the dealer but it sounds like dfgoose has one so id ask him if i were you. i would pm him in case he doesnt look back at this thread. it was only 3 bucks at the dealer but it took a while to come in

04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
americansportsbike.com sells it for like 2 bucks.