PDA

View Full Version : Heat from the rear cylinder head

jeffgre_6163
10-22-2007, 12:26 AM
5 more sleeps till I pick up my 2008 XB12ss!
Damn its taking a long time!

One of the members raised the issue with me that the heat from the rear Cylinder head is an issue on your right leg.
A search revelled sveral members have made/bought rs scopes to keep the heat down.

I live in the tropics where day time temps NEVER drop below 77 degrees F, 25 cent.
Will this be an issue?
Bear in my that the bike wont be commuting in traffic and I always wear leather or at least, thick jeans.

zombieBUELLer
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
congrats on the bike!

the heat IS bearable. in southwest florida in the summer temps are mid to high 90s. i've ridden on 98 deg. days in my leather jacket. hot enough to cause me to look like i couldn't hold my bladder. and sitting at a light for 5 min or so makes you do a little dance while sitting.

a rs scoop and some header wrap will take care of most of the heat. but its still going to get warm.

Somthngfrce
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Congrats also on the bike. I also live in Florida and I didn't wrap the header pipe on my bike and I am fine.. When I first got it, I def. noticed itthen I got used to it and now I really dont pay attention to it anymore like I did when i first got it..So where in the tropics do u live at?

jeffgre_6163
10-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Congrats also on the bike. I also live in Florida and I didn't wrap the header pipe on my bike and I am fine.. When I first got it, I def. noticed itthen I got used to it and now I really dont pay attention to it anymore like I did when i first got it..So where in the tropics do u live at?

Cairns, in far north Queensland, Australia.
The 77 degrees I quoted is the lowest day time temp we experience even in the depths of the so called southern winter.
I love it

LeFox
10-22-2007, 10:39 AM
the rh airscoop (http://www.devilstars.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388) should take away most of the heat issues...

congrats on the buy...have fun with it, although i'm sure you will [up]

HOVERJOCKI
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Congrats on the bike....i live in Las Vegas and during he summer it was brutal to say the least especially when its 110.... you do get used to it but it depends on your comfort level...now its getting colder here in the desert so now its paying off.
All the best mate
Justin

madbuell
10-23-2007, 03:07 PM
i live in Florida as weel and the only thing that really bothers me was the heating of the frame.
what i can suggest you is to put some carbon fiber frame protectors, so you isolate the frame from your legs and you will notice the difference!
have fun on your new Buell...