PDA

View Full Version : M2 problems

M2Cyclone
03-21-2010, 01:46 AM
2000 M2 Cyclone 19,780 miles

Having some serious problems with this bike. I started it for the first time after the winter and left it idleing for a few minutes before I took it down the road. Three minutes after I started it I look back and see that there's oil pouring all over the ground so frantically I run over and shut it off. The oil cap/dipstick is 10 feet from the bike on the ground and the oil tank is overfliowing and smells like gas. I drained all of the oil and replaced it so I could take it for a quick spin to see if I got the same result, which I did. The bike runs and drives great, no hesitation in the takeoff, no rough idle but when I check the oil after running it, it's bubbly and smells of gas. I read through my service repair manual and came up with nothing, has anyone ever heard of this? Is there a way for gas to get into my crankcase? Any help would be great, I'm totally lost and itching to ride.

buchanan
03-21-2010, 02:32 AM
dont fill the tank so much 3/4 will do these sporter motors have been doing that forever lost my cap on marthas vinyard the first time 87 sporty and thought someone stole it. seems to do it more when its cold out made a mess of my garage more than once. anyway hope that helps

loose1
03-21-2010, 02:35 AM
Maybe a stuck float or dirty seat allowing too much gas into the cylinders and washing past the rings and getting into the oil?
Matt

buchanan
03-21-2010, 02:35 AM
p.s. its not gas just hot oil fill it 3/4 and ride

buchanan
03-21-2010, 02:53 AM
see weird oil problem post below.

M2Cyclone
03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the advice guys! This forum could prove to be very helpful. LOve the pics too.

ophawk
03-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Yep as was stated above,
I Fill mine while the bike is warm and running, and keep it near the full line. I knew what to expect, when I got mine but most Guys/gals with Tubers have had this issue.
Later