PDA

View Full Version : XB9R Exhaust

devildog3042
10-23-2007, 12:15 AM
i have an xb9r and just like most buell riders i want it to sound like a harley and get a little more out of the engine. what would be the best pipes for my money? i have read a lot of threads talking about drummers. where can i find these and check them out? i was thinking about the jardine slip-on titanium muffler. also, just for ****s and giggles, what about just dropping the muffler and leaving the pipes bare? not that i would actually do it, but just want to hear what people think, especially the BuellPartsGuy.

BuellPartsGuy
10-23-2007, 02:21 AM
I do not recommend taking the muffler off completely. Not only is it hard on the engine, but all you will gain is sound. Power might increase at the very top end, but these engines crave back pressure. I would recommend either the drummer or a D&D muffler.

devildog3042
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
just curious. when i put the new muffler on i should probably also install an ecm, huh? also my friend had a blast and when he installed an aftermarket (jardine) muffler he said he had to remap the fuel/air mixture. will i have that problem when i do the upgrade?

BenJamin444
12-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I have a 2007 XB9R and I have a Jardine exhaust but i have also put the racing ecm and the cut out air intake, and I can feel a lot more power. It is def. a good investment and cost about $600.

dans03firebolt
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Whenever you upgrade an exhaust on a fuel injected bike you need to remap it or get the race ecm with a Buell because you can't put a power commander on it. You could get the techlusion kit for it though and that seems to be what most people do and it is better than the race ecm.

buelljoel
01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
im looking for a stock or after market header, i bought an xb9 that as been dropped onthe side, i also need the two right pegs, does any body know of a good site with good prices?

roadsrfr
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
dude what is parts guy talking about? wont gain much? tripping has he done any dyno work to back him up? yo i personally put my 07xb9r on the dyno and tuned it my self with an iforce exhaust high flow air cleaner ram air box cover and tfi and i gained 14 horsepower at the rear wheel and 7 foot pounds of torque max but for real world driving and keeping the air fuel mixture correct i ended up with 10 more horse power and 4 foot pounds of torque at the real wheel. sounds like i didnt gain anything. talk is cheap unless you actually have done it. hard on the motor? wow unless you drive like grandma everything is hard on it drive it like you stole it have fun or buy a scooter

BuellPartsGuy
02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey roadsfr, if you actually read what I was responding to, I was talking about taking the muffler off completely and not replacing it with anything. Just running an open header. Has nothing to do with what you are talking about. I have many hours clocked on dynos. I do this for a living and take my job very seriously. Read into things a little more.

LeFox
02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
dude what is parts guy talking about? wont gain much? tripping has he done any dyno...
oh my god...[smirk]

i want it to sound like a harley and get a little more out of the engine
if you want your buell to sound like a harley, don't go for a 2in1 but go for something like a D&D.

more info on exhausts: exhaust topic (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/the-big-buell-exhausts-topic)
;)

roadsrfr
02-22-2008, 07:02 AM
ya thanks for pointing that out dude thought you were talking about the pipes. so nugget boy you run the dyno at arrow head? is that the one that goes on tour around phoenix? how many hours you got dynoing bikes or r you the dude at the parts counter just courious about what you actually do at arrow head?

roadsrfr
02-22-2008, 07:09 AM
r you the guy who was doing a wheelie on the on ramp and broke his leg? did you go back and get that fixed again like you said you were? hope that worked out for you it sucks to be hurt.

buell007
02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
buy my race muffler 175 plus shipping[up] email rx007et@gmail.com

buellxbct
02-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Is the Jardine slip on exhausts the same pipe for the xb9r and the xb12 or are there different pipes for either bike. There is one on ebay and says it can be used for both

LeFox
02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Is the Jardine slip on exhausts the same pipe for the xb9r and the xb12 or are there different pipes for either bike. There is one on ebay and says it can be used for both
that is correct...the jardine is 1 pipe fits all ;)