Thread: 2003 dead only 4700miles

i have a 2003 lightning xb9. it has had wire short a few times now first the shops only cleared it. saying it was a glitch. then it came back cleared it again. glitch and possiblt running too lean. said everything was ok. well i ended up getting a new ecm i bought and had a different shop program it. that fixed that problem. then new tires thats to be expected at this time. less than a month from when i had the new ecm i got a nail in my front tire. when on the way to get new tires. i stoped to get gas. then when i went to start the bike it made a sound and lost all electrical. it has been at the shop over a week and no answers i did call the first few days once a day to get a update on it. they assured me as soon as they get something on it they will call me well a week later and no calls. when i call now i ask for my service guy he was the one to answer the phone. he put me off to a different guy now. whats up with that. now i get put on hold and never answered too. why? i have never been ****ty or rude to the harleyshop (large one) where the bike is. should i get pushy now? this is not working out there at all. if they cant fix it at least give me my bike. dont keep it and never call me. heck it payment time. and i have to make one next week. for something i dont have again. since i bought this bike its been broken more than it ran. this sux. i got it from a harley shop also. buell will not return the calls either like i told them harley wouldnt. the buell lady said that no one has inquired anything on my buell by vin number to tech support. so whats going on. we have a problem and no one is returning my calls.buell isn't and harly. this service is excatly oppsite as to what i was assured buy the dealership does not happen like import shops do. we care about our bikes and riders i was told. well care long enough to get the money i guess. cause service has been a nightmair.

Sorry to hear about that man. Where are you located? Did you call Buell direct and make them aware of the ****ty service you have been recieving?

i am in florida i did call buell and they said they would get a tech on it and have the tech call me to go over my problem friday. i call early that morning. buell had no records of the bike being called on in there system by vin number or any calls from the dealer it is at. i still even from buell never recieved a call. if you have any buell phone numbers for me to call i would apperciate the help. this is depressing. i feel lied too by harley and buell. no one calls me back. but i bet if i skip a payment they call. but they shure dont stand by there product. you can email me the info i need Xoptimizedrsx@yahoo.com

ok i finally got my problem resolved. he it is. i had no ground from the battery to my front end. come to find out my frame paint was causing no ground as soon as you jumped the rear subframe to the front from the battery it worked fine. since its a body ground at this point they took off the rear support and removed the paint from two mount bolt locations and the main frame it worked. they then took it apart once more put corrosion compound on it with thin star washers and reasembled the bike. this cost me 524.00 to find. humm it came from the factory like this. just a fyi check you subframe and make sure its clean paint free for a good ground or you too could buy some expensive washers.

Good to know man. I will keep that in mind from now on when I hear about that type of problems. Bummer you had to pay out lots of money to find out though.

Did you buy the bike new? How long has it had that problem? Has it been repainted? I was under the impression that this sort of stuff doesn't happen in harley shops. Did anyone offer to take some of the cost?

Administrator
    One of the best things you can do is post your problems on this forum. I know that the VP of Buell has visited this forum at least once. Leave your email in your posts if you're having problems. You never know, the right person might read it and contact you. Good luck!

Eric has nothing to do with it. Its the ignorant jack asses that work at the dealers that only give a **** about harleys. Trust me, I work with lots of them. A good Buell dealer is hit or miss. Depends on if there is someone in the dealership that is into them or not. If there isnt someone like that at the dealer, chances are hardly a person in there knows what ZTL is....