Thread: need some help with my ignition

so i finally got my bike all back together from ripping it apart this winter and painting it. got everything hooked up right except for something in the ignition. tried starting it and my starter motor was clicking. took it out tested it, good. repositioned it in the primary and no clicking, ruled that one out. the engine will crank over but no spark, cant be the plugs since the plugs and the wires are brand new. took the coil out and ran the primary and secondary ohm test. i was geting 1 ohm on the primary and 12.6 ohms on the secondary, could possibly be a problem since the primary is supposed to be between .5-.7 ohms and the secondary is supposed to be 5.5-7.5 ohms. checked the voltage on the connector to the coil as stated in the service manual and it was fine. my lights dont turn on when the ignition is set to on but my brights and bright toggle are working. any ideas?????? i want to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check your grounds.
    Matt

the battery is discharged

battery is fully charged, and i am 99% sure i hav a good solid ground but i will double check just to be sure. if i didnt have a good ground wouldnt that make the starter motor not crank?

update, finally got it connected to ecmspy and ran a dianostic on the coil,i AM getting a spark. i read the trouble code and see that i am getting a IAT voltage or open code. would this cause the plugs not to spark?