Thread: Buell race kit installation

Hi,
    (2005 Buell Xb12scg)
    So the race kit (Buell race exhaust, ecm, filter) is on it's way and should be here in a few days. I'm just looking to confirm the steps involved in getting the kit installed as i want to do it myself.

1-remove the old (exhaust, ecm, filter)
    2-install the new (exhaust, ecm, filter)
    3-get dealer to do the TPS reset
    4-drive it between 3000-4000 RPM for 10-20 minutes

Questions:
    -after step 2 will the thing run? Will I be able to drive it to the dealer, about 8km (6 miles), for the TPS reset or should i trailer it?

-anything else i should do:
    -modify the airbox (add holes)
    -remove the air scoop snorkel

thanks for the help

Yes it will run, but at first and possibly even the whole drive to the dealer it may not want to idle at all. As long as there isnt a lot of stops on the way to the dealer it shouldnt be too bad.

I would suggest doing the airbox and breather mods. The instructions on how to do both of those is posted on the site, just look around a little. Definately, removed the snorkel in the frame going to the airbox, it is part of the instructions in installing the race kit. Do not remove the snorkel on the side of the frame on the left side if that is the one you are talking about.

Let me know if you need anymore help

When I put my race ecm in I took the front fairing off and rode it in with the stock one in place. Then switched it in the parking lot. Wheeled it in to the shop to have it reset and then rode it home and put the fairing back on. I have about a 22 mile ride to my dealer and didn't have a trailer. But it worked:)

Hi,
    The exhaust came in yesterday so i threw it on. The race ecm and filter should be in next week.

The Race can sounds awesome, much louder then stock. I took it for a ride and could definitily feel a power difference, even with stock ecm and stock filter.

I used to let off the gas then crack it to lift the wheel off the ground, know I don't need to, I just crack it and the wheel comes up.:D

last week i put the race can and race ecm on my 07 XB12R ( hard to fit the race can on a 07 but thats another story ) and rode about 8 miles to the shop for the reset. my bike hated it, ran very badly! struggle to keep it running and the warning light came on.
    my advice is avoid doing this if possible.