Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: are buells slower than other sportbikes??

I wont drown my xb12r is so fast it will only sink if I stop. :( Then I will be blue like this guy!

The 1125cr is a buell as well and I have absolutely wasted more jap bikes then I can count, plus with the hmf I'm pretty sure their deaf afterwards! Isn't Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific?

Howdy folks, first post (well, second I guess - my first post was on speedkills' for sale post because I want a Buell!).

I've owned 7 bikes, all Japanese, and 5 of them were inline fours (600cc, 750cc). I always thought I was some kind of a billy-badass screaming away and being actually quite mediocre in the twisties. My buddy recently got an XB12SCG and let me ride on it (yes, we're both short) and...wow. I was addicted to that engine and the handling from the get-go. I feel like there's so much more real-world, usable power, and the handling is just insane. The bike just...fits me and I feel more like it's an extension of my body rather than some machine I need to wrangle through the powerband. Who cares about top speed on the road anyway?

I'm not totally sold on the sound of the exhaust, but maybe that's because my buddy has a Hawk exhaust. Really liking the clean sound of the Jardines.

Long story short, sold my Gixxer 600, have cash to buy Buell. Now just have to find the one I want that's not a zillion miles away for pickup. It's almost like being born again, but with an awesome motorcycle :)

(Full disclosure: Yes, I still like wearing Icon gear :P)

I'm not so sure, ride with my buddy that has a Aprillia 1000. He claims his bike is much faster than my uly. Not stock just with a Drummer, EBR Race ECM and K&N High Flo air filter. However getting on the freeway side by side he hit it hard, I did a 2nd later and my bike jumped ahead all the way to 100 where I backed off. He never said a word and neither did I. That was 2-weeks ago and he has yet to say anything....at all

An R6 was taunting me tonight, revving his engine at me and cut me off. I waited for a spot, punched it in 4th from about 2 car lengths behind him, not even WOT. He got on the throttle. I pulled him very fast, and passed him very convincingly. Got to about 110, backed off, let him pass. Then I slowly rolled up besides him, to get a good look at him and his bike. He stopped revving his engine at me and gave me a nod, I waited but reciprocated.

I believe my biggest advantage was torque and hp available very early in the RPM range. His disadvantage was his power is all the way at the top of the RPM range and its hard to get to if you need it quickly. The fact that I could pull him in 4th gear is testament to that.

Your biggest advantage was hitting the gas from behind and gaining speed before he could react.

Actually your biggest advantage was you were riding a Buell! :D

Your biggest advantage was hitting the gas from beh ind and gaining speed before he could react.
    He was on the throttle way before I caught up to him, he had plenty of time to react, especially since he was riding so aggressively and instigating. The pull began from 70 mph and he was in full attack mode riding in low gear the whole time, looking in his rear views and turning his head twice to confirm my position. He was very aware of my position, and looking to race. Fact is, up to about 100mph, the Buell is very competitive.

Fact is you smoked his @ss

Just think if you were on the 1190 he wouldn't have had a chance to look back and confirm your position.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011