Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: are buells slower than other sportbikes??

agfish nailed it. Keeping up with liter bikes is easy to about 150. BUT it only gets scary if you dont have a stabilizer to get rid of that high speed wobble, otherwise 150 is just another day in the country .

The newest cycleworld (the one with the whole buell write up) has a really good write up on horsepower and tourque. It explains how a cruiser and a crotchrocket can have the same horsepower but how they differ greatly in riding and powerband.

Something unique& stylish will always beat top end in my book.
    Funny thing is, like Wayne said,they all go fast enough to kill you.

in the corners by XB9SL rules the 600's that spank me in the straights. on Sunday I left a 2010 ninja ZX-6 way behind on the highway entrance ramp. I thought that he had fallen or something because it took him 5 miles to catch back up to me. but the catch is at 60 65 70 75 pick a number any number higher than 35 if we would drop the hammer I could get half a tire in front of him off of the drop then it was all over. it didn't take any time at all for that little bike to build power and dust my ass. we traded bikes for about an hour or so and I have to admit I had fun once it would hit 8-10k it felt like a turbo had been waiting to spool or something. but one thing I did notice is that my bike is sexy! dang a buell looks and sounds good going down the road. :D and not being able to catch my own bike around town was a weird feeling.
    everybody was staring at the buell and the crazy green kawi was just nothing, I kinda like that low profile feel at times.

Any squid can go super fast in a straight line. It takes no skill.
    The curves are where it matters IMO. And when it comes to the curves, no, Buells are NOT slower.
    It all depends on the rider more than the bike.

Thats true dragon. Thats why they succumb to peer pressure and get the blue/white gixxer 600. And then wreck it a month later. Buells corner better than any bike I have been on in my opinion. It is all about the curves, there is NO fun whatsoever in crusing around the highways fast. That just sucks.

And it does depend on the rider...for example:

Lets go to laguna seca and I will race my 1125r up against Ben Spies on an Aprilia RS50. He would still win hands down im sure.

Guys,

Sorry if I offended anyone, I was just busting balls.

Sportbike guys on the whole get very caught up in bike specs....the whole "my bike is faster than yours" thing.

I hear a lot of people trash the XB and say the motor is a "boat anchor" and it has no technology, etc. I personally love the way it sounds, and the low-end grunt. I don't care if it's not the fastest thing on two wheels. It's plenty fast for me, and handles great.

I like V-twins in general...Ducs, Guzzis, and the boutique bikes like Wakan and Ecosse are right up my alley. Cool style, awesome v-twin performance and sound, and sporty handling.

I'm not a racer, so I don't need a race bike to ride on the street. My street bike suits me just fine, and puts a smile on my face when I start her up and head off to the hills for a ride. I could give two ****s if the guy in the Wawa parking lot with the gixxer 600 wants to "race" or thinks he's "faster" or "better" than me. Honestly it's the kind of **** that makes me hang out with the Harley/cruiser crowd.

If you want to race, go to the goddam racetrack.

Okay, I'm done now.

:)

Kole,
    cant wait too hear about your finished motor, might be something cool to do for a rebuild

Hell yes they are slower.But they are good looking and nothing sounds better.

No jap here. take a look at the profile whang chung
    im pretty sure whang chung doesnt fit into the japanese syllabary
    perhaps wangu chungu ;)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast