Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebolt Lowering Kit

stock uppper triple clamp for 03 xb9r=? can't seam to find it. alternate clamps=?

also, can this kit be done on the xb9r?

J1105.02A8A - Stock upper triple clamp

This can be done to an XB9R also.

You can definitely tell by the front end that it is lower than stock. Cant tell much in the first shot but the second one for sure. Nice work

Hi - I have the XB12r 04 model. I'm not in US (a tiny island called the Isle of Man in the Irish Sea) and the models in the UK don't include a 'low'. I'm 5' 5'' and weigh 140.Although I've had bike a few years now I'm so fed up of not having feet flat on floor for maneuvering / parking up (tough over here with bad road cambers and no such thing as a decent parking lot) and having to 'think' about where I can park up instead of just doing it, I've put the bike up for sale with a view to getting the SV 1000 sport - which I can reach the ground on. Problem is - I do love the Buell! This is the first time I've been on this site, and wondered if the lowering could work for me? Can these parts that you mention be bought in the UK? Also, as we have great twisty roads and no speed limit here - would it still handle afterwards? Hope you can advise? Rox

This kit will work on your bike. As far as the parts being available over there, I am not exactly sure. If you would like, I can give you a list of all the exact part numbers you will need to complete the change over. I will give you two list, one list will be all the stock part numbers. You need to first make sure that all of these numbers match EXACTLY, otherwise the conversion won't work. Buell part numbers are very close to other ones in most cases, so be careful. Second I will give you the list of the part numbers needed to complete the conversion. If all the first numbers match, the second numbers will be the ones you will order. If all the part numbers don't match, find out what the part numbers are and write them down and send them to me. I will try and figure out what is different so I can maybe work up a different conversion for you. I am pretty sure you can order them into a local dealer. I can order HDI parts here in the US. Let me know if you need any help.

Hi - that's so helpful! Yes please - if you can provide the part numbers etc. I also had a thought. We've a place over in Daytona, and I could order the parts to be at Bruce Rossmeyer's for when we're over at Bike Week in March (as long as they will fit in a suitcase and not weigh too much for the airline). My e-mail is roxanne.oldham@manx.net. Due to time difference may be a few hours gap between e-mails. In the meanwhile I've cancelled the advert to sell the bike, and have a call out with a dealer in the UK to check if they'd do the work for me if I bring the parts over from the US. It's worth doing that as from experience I've found what is $100 in US is £100 UK i.e. twice the price!
    Thanks for your help
    :)

Ok, I did some research and found out that every thing is the same between US models and European models as far as the suspension components we are replacing. So I am just going to give you the list of the new stuff to buy to complete the conversion.

LH Fork - J0121.1AE

RH Fork - J0122.1AE

Rear Shock - K0410.1AE

Sidestand - L1167.1AE

Because your bike is an '04, you dont need to do the lower triple clamp like you have to do on the newer year bikes. As far as being able to put them in a suitcase, you will be buying complete fork assemblies which are sort of long for a normal suitcase, so do think of that. Everything else will fit though. Let me know if you need any more help.

Thank you - that's great news. Also the dealer in the UK has said they're happy to do the job using the parts we bring back from US.

To clarify - the build date of my Firebolt is Jan 04, so we will order the above parts and not the triple clamp.

We have also thought of the case, and have a long bag they'll fit in as long as we have plenty packing material. If its not long enough we'll buy a cheap golf bag over there!

I'll let you know how we get on, and send a photo of the finished thing.

That shoud be everything. Let me know who it goes.

I have a question. i have a '07 xb9r. Im a little short on the bike, so i was wondering if there was anyway to lower it...about 2 inches or so. Is there a kit for it, or do i have to buy seperate parts

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast