Thread: XB12R race kit reviews

Hi , This is my first post, I only just found this place, anyways I'd like to know if any one has any links to road tests and reviews of the XB with race kit fitted?,I've just bought one (picking it up next week)and its got the race kit fitted, I'm assuming this is the can and chip etc, the bike was supplied from the dealers like this when new, along with a different paint job, what BHP increase does this kit give overstock? and whats the next stage for some more horses?.
    Cheers Guys

By the way did I mention that I'm not interested in top speed just some wicked acceleration ( I've done the GSXR\R1 scene, its cool but time to move on).

www.americansportbike.com has a entire shoot out of all exhaust and what the output was.

Thanks Buellpartsguy
    I've downloaded it already ,
    Rode the bike today for the first time and was surprised at how rapid it was,noise is addictive, the engine breaking when coming down the box will take a bit of getting used to.
    I've got the original sales receipt for it and its got the race kit and some thing called
    kit buell traction part num ; 50533-02y and
    Kit traction footpeg pt num; 50562-02y, any Ideas what these are?,
    also chrome heel protectors, and the rear foot rest hangers have been chromed (I've taken them off)
    its also had a dayglo yellow paintjob, bodywork and wheels, that the guy paid the Harley shop £958 for!
    I think I've just got myself a bargain.

They are accessory grips and footpegs that are offered by Buell that were probably installed on your bike.

Traction Grips

Traction Foot Pegs

hey everone, just found this site. I just bought a 2008 xb12r. I wanted to know if anyone knows when do you think they will make a race module for the 08's. I've got the air filter and the muffler so all Iam looking for is the MOD.:D

You can get the Dobeck Techlusion Tuner from Americansportbike.com. If Buell ends up making a Race ECM for the new ones, I wouldn't expect to see it any sooner than Late July. As of right now, they stop making the older Race ECM's and once they sell out they will be gone for good from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
    kit buell traction part num ; 50533-02y and
    Kit traction footpeg pt num; 50562-02y, any Ideas what these are?,
    as far as the grips go, they are an improvement on the stock ones!
    the footpegs i haven't tested, actually don't like the 'look' ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 08bolt
    I wanted to know if anyone knows when do you think they will make a race module for the 08's. I've got the air filter and the muffler so all Iam looking for is the MOD.
    for the price you'll pay for the a possible new race module, you're better of getting a custom remap of the original. ;)

The Race ECM is the same module as the stock. Differences are the maps, in which both can modified.

The Race ECM settings were initially made for the Buell Race Kit(ONLY)

The Stock ECM settings were obviously made for the stock setup.

But again, both can be modified. When upgrading to the Race ECM, you are basically paying for the Factory Race Map.