Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xb lightning passenger seat cover

when i bought my xb12s i did not like the looks of the back of the bike. i spent some time and made the seat cover before even thinking of cutting the back off it.

long story short after making the first one i made a mold to produce others. They slip over the stock seat and leave plenty of room for the rider.

i have had paint made to match most of the buell factory colors if you want it painted to match your bike or you can have it painted yourself.

primer ones will have parting line removed and a coat of epoxy primmer ready to be painted $125.00

painted factory color $175.00

I am thinking of making a few in carbon fiber but need to get a few parts so i can match the weave pattern

Can you do one for the Ss for the same money?

i could do a one off one for the ss for a little more money but i would need you to ship me your seat. would take about a week to make it and paint to match.

man that is a nice peice!!

I was thinking of doing something like this. looks good.

hey bro, great work on that seat cowling. Have you ever considered making one that that incorporated a storage compartment? I mean similar to the XB Firebolt. I agree with you on the way the tail end of the seats on the lightning look, could be better, your seat cowling looks perfect. Please let me know about the storage compartment idea and what you think. Thanks. Be safe and have fun. Stevey

thought about that and could only come up with sewing a bag that could be glued to the inside of it with a zipper. because it slides over the stock seat.

most times i just throw stuff into it holding it upside down then slide the seat into it and put the seat on the bike.

do you have to remove the seat to remove the cowling or does the cowling slide under the seat while it's attached? Again, that's the best looking seat cowls out there, good job.

it is a tight squeeze to get it off with the seat latched in place but it can be put on and pulled off with a little effort when you leave your keys inside and need what ever is under the cowl.

Slag. Any idea when I might get mine. If you've been delayed for some reason I can work with that, but you need to keep me in the loop bud. Been a couple weeks now an I havent received anything from you.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast