Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ Design's Parts request thread. Want it made? put it here...

+1 on the red/smooth acrylic light..i'd purchase.

I'm not happy with my 2010 altezza tail either.

What I was thinking for the cast iron is like a large "BUELL" stamp that would be heated up till it's glowing red and placed on the airbox cover cutting a perfect hole in it that could then be filled with a matching transparent piece

I think the light bezel covers would be #1 on my list.

1.Seat Cowl for the Corbin seat-Lightning

I think I did it right :D

dave, you might be better off just tracing out the letters with a stencil, then trimming out the letters using an acrylic router bit on your dremel. It would be a lot cheaper and definitely wouldn't leave any part of your leftover airbox charred.

This idea is kind of stupid, but what about a full translucent side fairing kit? My buddy suggested it, and I thought it was an interesting idea. It would be like a naked/full faring bike since its see-thru.

1.All transparent body parts
    2."Angry" lightning flyscreen
    3.lazerath style headlight kit
    4.Firebolt outer headlight bezel cover(like a car headlight)
    5.Ironman headlight? Same thing? If so, hell yes!
    6. Different shaped plastics (with more angles and less curves)
    7. Cheaper mirror block off plates
    8. Different shaped tail light lens
    9. Cast iron "Buell" logo for heating up and cutting out the word buell on the airbox, Then filled with a transparent plexi logo.
    10.Full Fairing for XB9/12R's (that doesnt cost an arm and a leg) <Crosses fingers>

9. Cast iron "Buell" logo for heating up and cutting out the word buell on the airbox, Then filled with a transparent plexi logo.
    10.Full Fairing for XB9/12R's and XB12SS(quick release pins to remove if wanted)

10.Full Fairing for XB9/12R's and XB12SS(quick release pins to remove if wanted)
    11. Chinfairing extension to make full belly pan

it cant be that hard to make a custom body fairing for an XB12SS, smoke black.

there have been some XB9R/XB12R custom full fairings shown on here so would just mean cutting one up to match and mounting points.

might find me a second hand Suzuki RGV250 fairing on ebay and cut it up cause they are cheap and see how it looks.

PLEASE READ TO BE UP TO DATE:

Hey guys, good morning. There are some really great ideas, and some that are a little out there ...lol. The cast iron buell idea is out, i don't think it would be a great idea. There are much easier ways to get the same result, which i will be going over the next week.
    *The firebolt headlight cover idea is great. IT's feasable, and i do think it would be marketable.
    *Full fairing idea is going to be on the backburner, but isn't out.
    *the chinfairing extension is also doable, but towords the end.
    *different shaped tail light lens is a good idea, and i will keep this in the top five. I will come up with 3 designs, as well as plan on doing a smoked, or red smooth lens.
    *Angry lightning screen i will do, as well as a few other designs for the windscreen. I have had many ideas rolling through my head the past year, so plan on those being in the top five.
    Clear airbox is also on the top of my list, a well as different shapes added: louvers, vents, whatever... These will be able to be painted if wanted. So those that don't want to have a clear or smoked or whatever see through cover, can have it matched to their stock colors.
    *mirror block-ff plates..? i need to see a picture of what you are talking about. show me what is available and how much they cost. a link maybe?
    *Lazerath headlight style kit is going to be right up front for me. As soon as i finish my Ironman build, i will be starting on it. Keep in mind i have this "condition" where i can work 14-18 hours a day straight and LOVE IT, so i will be doing other projects at the same time.
    *Corbin seat cowl is a "upon demand" part. I would need to have atleast 8-12 people ready to buy, at which i would also make a great deal for the forum members. Then have a list price for other sites.

SIDE NOTE: just a little info for ya: One of the reasons i am so willing to do this as well as its a good business venture, is that this forum has been one of the most pleasant experiences for me. I build custom parts for FD rx7 (93-99), for the 250 Z, and many others. I am a member on most forums, and the attitude most of the people on the other forums display is horrible. Just goes to show you when you are "neighborly" it goes a long way.

ALSO: I'll need someone to help me build a website for this, and will offer parts in trade. Which will be great for both of us. contact me any time at:
    435-232-3633
    hifidiaries@gmail.com

As you know, i am very open about my personal # and email, but as soon as it gets abused, i will pull out and will only communicate through email. Which sucks right? so lets keep it professional and business minded. Keep the ideas coming, on monday we will whittle through the mall, and elect a timeline for each part that we decide to go for.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast