Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which injector goes in which hole?

Well when i took my bike apart in the winter i forgot to mark which injector goes in which hole and now i don't remember there is a red injector and i white injector which one goes in the front whole and which goes to the back whole? And then which wire goes to which injector? There is a white wire and a green wire. Any help would be great thanks.

according to my '07 service manual for firebolt models the white/yellow wire is the front injector wire and the green/grey wire is to the rear injector.
    As far as the injectors themselves I couldn't find a reference as to tell which one goes where though I did find a diagram indicating a front and a rear fuel injector. did a few different Google searches using different terminology and nothing came up either. Hope what I gave you helps though.

I say it doesnt matter stick it in both holes:D

But on top of what strmvt says the wires are all that matter the injectors are the same, just matters which fires and when.

Actually they are not the same. One injectors nozzle points one way and the other points the other way... basically i guess what i am asking does the rear cylinder injector go in the front whole or does the rear injector go in the rear hole?

The middle one. Unless you've had a few beers, then you might be able to install it in the rear.

One injectors nozzle points one way and the other points the other way...
    Parts manual lists them as the same part number with a qnty. of 2. Are you sure they're not the same and it's just the mounting position being different between the injectors?

Yeah they really are not the same the nozzle point different ways

Boy I wish I made a notation of this for you. I actually had to ask someone the same question when I did my intake seals. I'll do some digging but if I remember right you want the nozzles shooting into the most space.. because I had them in backwards and it looked like they would shoot right on the throttle body. so make them shoot outwards if that makes sense to you

yeah thats what i thought too but when i put it back together i had a lot of throttle delay..

Take a pic, I have had my injectors out and just put them back in no issues. Maybe I got lucky and put them back correctly but I seen no difference.

Like Stevenc150 mentioned they are labeled as the same part so I don't see how they could be different.

Actually here is an answer, just put them in if it runs like crap switch them......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast