Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Buell article

If you read the whole thing he says he will build street bikes again just under a different name.

Link

“I don’t regret at all what I did with Harley-Davidson [thoughtful pause] to some extent. The issue was, they didn’t understand the sport bike industry. We built some cool bikes. But two things we didn’t do were go racing, or build a mainstream sport bike. I knew that was a problem, but it was an argument I never seemed to win. Harley-Davidson felt we had to be radically different than other sport bikes.”
    They accomplished that by not advertising, not promoting, and ****ty service to anyone interested in a Buell. Good luck to Erik and **** Harley.

I'd put money on BPR and Erik Buell already have something in the works for next spring. I think it would be a great fit.
    Matt

So what is stopping people from buying these decently priced track day bikes and adding some mirrors and lights and having themselves a brand new Buell? Granted there is still inventory left at dealerships that is an easier option, but they are getting harder to find.

well, proflex, if its like Ca law, then you have to give up your first born child, a major organ and a lot of $$ to make that happen. Or just don't get caught.

Mighty tough to do without a VIN and a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin. Race bikes won't have those.

But salvaged 1125's will

I really like the idea that he is already thinking about what motor is going in the next bike. I feel comfortable going to sleep at night (after beating the **** out of my xb) knowing that Erik will not quit, and is thinking about how to build my next bike.

Great article. What a clear headed and motivated guy.

I'd put money on BPR and Erik Buell already have something in the works for next spring.* I think it would be a great fit.
    Matt
    I agree. It's the most logical marriage, especially since BPR tried to buy the Buell brand from HD AND Erik is sourcing his engines from BPR Rotax. I really hope this comes to fruition too because BPR is a well run company with a diverse product line. Adding a sportbike division with Erik at the helm would be icing on the cake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast