Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HD at it again

Hope this isn't a repost. I did a search and found nothing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/03/r...rom-milwaukee/

Jerks.... next they will consider moving to Mexico I'm sure Keith W. wouldn't see a problem with that move.

Yep their a bunch of ass-bags

It would be like a Toledo without Jeep (or Tony Packo's)
    On a side note I live near Toledo and Tony Packo's if the bomb

Here at the plant in York, PA they where going to leave to KY. If I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I'm wrong, after everything was said and done the workers are not getting a raise for 7 years.

nothing those sleazy douches do can suprise me.

Two words:

Screw them.

What this is going to turn out to be is a ploy to wrestle economic concessions and incentives from the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee. Remember, these jagoffs tried to get bailout money from the Feds to save the financing arm from the stupid policies that they put in place to prop up sales of motorcycles that were starting to stack up from over production.

If they die, let 'em. Apologies to those whose jobs are affected, but this company dug their own hole. If they go offshore with production, they'll see a drop in sales like they never dreamed. And then they'll die anyway, leaving the public holding the tab (remember Excelsior-Henderson?)

According to H-D, it could save millions of dollars per year by changing locations due to reduced costs associated with labor contracts and scheduling flexibilities.
    So..... I'm confused how a 'home grown American company' doesn't feel the screwing over their 'home grown American employee's' doesn't contradict the American image they're trying to sell?? If they're going to pick up and move their entire operation because they'd like to get out of treating their employees well, they might as well just move overseas. I know unions aren't great for business, but when you make a ****ty product, and are surviving 100% off the fact that people want to buy your image, you'd do better not to make yourself look like a jackass. The only reason Walmart gets away with it is because people are too cheap to care who's screwed over in the process of their shopping, but that's really not what HD has going for it.

Thank you Labor Unions for putting people out of work.

samiam, i live in oregon, oh. and yes packos ruels!

The York workers got to choose between HD moving or sign a HORRIBLE contract (pay cuts, benefits cuts, buildings closed, more outsourcing, and 1/2 of the workers cut, ...), and the exact thing is happening/going to happen in WI.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast