Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New forum section for Buell X1, M2 and S3 riders

I just joined. I bought my 1997 Buell new and rode it rain or shine in Houston until five years ago. It's been sitting in the garage waiting for me to trace down an electrical short in the rear harness (instantly blows the fuse if I brake or turn on the turn signal).
    Where can I get a manual with wiring diagram for '97 S3T?
    Also, what's the easiest way to clean out the carb after extended garage time?

Sorry, newbie. I found my way to the page with manuals.

Random thought incase it helps. I was having a similar problem once, any time I turned the fuse was blowing. Turned out that when I put my seat on, I pinched the cable under the seat and every time I turned on the turn signal it would short out. This was an XB, I'm not sure how the S3T seats are, but that's the first place I'd look!

I'd just pull the carb apart and clean it out, if it looks especially gross you could soak some parts in pinesol to really clean it out.

Went back to Dream Cycle Museum and bought his '92 Sportster Storz flat track conversion. 1200cc kit and all the trimmings except forks. I sold my '65 Velo Thruxton last year and the garage looked empty. Think I will make a cafe racer if I can find an alloy Manx style tank.

Bump well I'm new to form made a few post about a wiring issue I'm having not getting to many answers.I've save a 99 x1 from a long journey to the scrap yard here in AZ. With the hopes of getting it ready for the Tucson drag strip only problem I'm having is there is no spark and I've test the coil I have power to the coil , power to the crank position sensor, and signal from ecu to crank position , but no power from ecu to coil.. any help would be great o even a wire diagrams would help thank you

What about the ign control module. I have a 98 s3 and I had a no spark issue ha power and everything at the coil but the ign control module ended up being the problem. It had a compu fire selectable electronic advance ignition module that was crap so I put a stock one on it and it started right up. I know mine is carb'd and yours is injected but maybe something to look into

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910