Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum section for Buell X1, M2 and S3 riders

Administrator
    Well, I don't know what the lifespan of the average tuber is, but if they are true Buell fans they should be riding an XB or 1125R someday.

I passed a guy today who was riding an x1. Unfortunately I was exiting the freeway and didn't have a chance to wave him down. That's the second buell rider I've crossed here in az.

I passed a guy today who was riding an x1. Unfortunately I was exiting the freeway and didn't have a chance to wave him down. That's the second buell rider I've crossed here in az.

Not alot of Buell riders/owners in my area, let alone owners of tube framed bikes. Closest dealer is about 50 miles away in just about every direction, putting me in kind of a Buell Wasteland. But hey, I've always been a trend setter, not one to follow the pack.... LOL.....probably more of a character flaw than anything to be honest... Although I enjoy the hell out of my 2002 S1W, I'm looking at it as a stepping stone to a Uly. I plan to retire in less than 5 years, and one of my retirement goals is to tour as much of the planet as I can by motorcycle. I had originally pondered going from the southern tip of Africa to the British Isles on a bike, but then, getting chased by a horde of skinnies intent on taking me hostage as a fund raiser kind of discouraged me on that venture. Besides, who's going to pay to spring ME?! So, I've tamed down my goal, but not entirely abandonded it. None the less, in the mean time, while I'm a proud "tuber" owner, here I am. Howdy, and safe but fun riding to all of ya'll! They call me Ott'r....

I just bought a 2002 X1 last week. I road raced sport bikes 10 years ago and needed to get back on 2 wheels. This bike seemed the perfect compromise. I'm too old for a all plastic rocket, and too young for a all out cruiser.

This one is yellow with the PM wheels and a V&H slip on. So far I absolutely love it. It sounds mean and the torque is incredible.

I really appreciate the new forum section. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and hope I can both learn and contribute to here!

Thanks,
    Chad

Hi,
    I am the original owner of a 97 S3, it only has 5,000 miles on it. Last year it cut out on me on my way home from work, I let it sit for 20 minutes thinking it was vapor lock from 15% ethanol gas and it started up and I made it home. The next day I drained the gas and put fresh 10% Ethanol gas in it and took it for a ride. I got about 4 miles from my house and it cut out completely. By the time I coasted to the side of the road it started again and I turned it around and went back home. Also it backfired through the exhaust pipe when it died. I am thinking the Electronic ignition chip might be going bad and wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. My Freind had a Sportster that had similar trouble and it was the chip.

jsteven97s3

This sounds to me like you need to clean your carburetor. I have to clean mine almost every year. For the age and mileage you should be keeping Stabil in the tank all the time. I always forget to until about a month into winter, so I must do a major carb. clean. Much easier on a Buell than a Jap. bike though. Sometimes I can get away with just taking the float bowl off and clean the float needle, it can be hard to get out while carb is still on bike though.

Good luck

Hello to all fellow X1 owners. I just bought a 2000 X1 with 9700 miles on the odo. I know almost nothing about Buell bikes but only after the short test ride, I knew I had to have it. The bike is black and a very loud V&H slip-on exhaust (he did give me the stock muffler). I have an appointment at my nearby HD dealer on Saturday to have them just go over the bike to make sure all is well. My problem is I have no idea how the bike should run. I have ridden HD Sportsters before and the X1 (while standing still at idle) feels just like them - the shaking, little pop, etc., but I am not sure how much of this behavior is normal.
    Anyway, I am very glad I found this community and I am sure I will have a lot of questions. Are there certain things I need to check or look out for? The previous owner did put in the little catch-can set up with a mesh filter thingy on top for the breather oil. Do I need to do anything with the ECM if I want to go back to the stock exhaust?
    Look forward to hearing from you folks.

Hey there are still a lot of tubers, out here. Ive got nearly 50k on my '98 S3. I say nearly, cuz I swapped an XB front fork setup for the old stuff, in doing so I, no longer have a speedometer/odometer reading as the 1998's were the last to have the cable driven speedometer. I am wondering if anyone has access to actual blueprints/ engineering drawings for the lower casing of the engine of a 1999-2002 , or the sportster with the electronic speedo. Specifically I am looking into having my case machined, to put the sensor in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yazzie, I live in the North Phoenix/Scottsdale area, and though we don't have to contend with 6 inches of snow, 115 deg heat in the shade, equates to roughly 140-150 on the street.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast