Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum section for Buell X1, M2 and S3 riders

Some day I will get my frankenbolt to run but now my sportster will just have to do.

My 1998 thunderbolt/lightning/sportster. Is now running ophawk and lafox have been a great sorce of knowledge. Now that it is running it is having pressure problems. (high pressure shoots the bung out of the oil bag) The engine now powered by an 2006 Cv Carb I got from a big twin, Sounds awsome. I got a cheer from the people on my block that have been watching me wrestle with this frankenstine creation of mine. this thing hasn't ran in three years and is soo close to riding So anyone whith thoughts on my high pressure situation please let me know. Cant wait till I get to post her picture She is over a foot shorter on the ass cutting 40 pounds I shortend the body and combined the whole kit into one solid unit I am slimig the front down for another 30 pounds so about 70 pounds off my bike It has as much of the v twin exposed as poss. It says yes I am a v-twin but no you can't have a ride I call her Buellia

Phuell, Glad to here that you got the monster running. Only two things that I can think of that would put that much pressure into the oil tank are possibly ring blow-by, if the rings are stuck from sitting so long they tend to get gummed up. Or if the oil is over filled and the scavenge line from the engine is putting the extra into the tank, and of course it is not compressible, so it needs to find a way out, I over filled mine and it would pop the fill lid off the bike, but if yours is screwed on, or your seat holds it down tight, this could be the problem.
    Hope this helps,
    Later
    Dale

Yep i got the engine running after replacing the carb/battery lines plugs /starter relay/ did the timeing , Replaced all fluid/ gaskets , now all I have to do is replace the brake pads/ bleed/ fab. a brake res. cap attach new light/paint /rig new back fender mount/and figure out how to adjust my cluch . Now the bike runs great in Neutral good sounding starts first shot each time. However when I shift to first and let the cluch go It kills. I followed the procedure in the manual to adjust and got it to run whith the cluch 1/2 in until I ramped up to 3500 or so rpm which kills it. After scerwing around a bit I am now back to Kill at release. How far can you turn the timming screw counter clockwise will it bottom out the book is unclear I am afraid to damage something by turning to far. the book says bottom out lightly and my sportster one says when you feel resistance. any advice? ophawk thanks again. Phil

Phuell, that sounds like a Kickstand or Clutch switch issue, I had a similar thing going on with my clutch switch, I just shorted the wires at the switch with a piece of safety wire bent and slid into the terminal connector from the wire side and that solved the problem.
    Later

well im one more tuber in here. when i first got into this forum i was about to get a 08 xb12r but due to some issues and the dealer i was working with, it didnt happen. few weeks later my uncle called me and told me he would sell me his bike. and now i have a 97 s1. great bike. so far only put about 1000 miles on it but then again only had it for about 2 or 3 weeks. love the site just wish there were more tubers here

Don't fret, their are always some of us around. Just enjoy the ride, and the uniqueness of our bikes compared to the XB's even. I have a very early 98 S3. Our bikes were built when Harley only had a 49% share of Buell, they didn't acquire another 49% until later in 1998, so ours are truly Buells. They did acquire the remaining 2% just recently, and are wholly owned by HD now. If your bike hasn't been abused it should last as long as any Sportster, they really are nearly indestructable. Change the oils and filter on a regular schedule, depending on your riding style. Places to watch for issues, the rocker box gaskets, the original paper gaskets get brittle then crack and will leak, replace them with the steel shim style, and you won't have another leak there. Adjust the Primary chain correctly, it will wear the tensioner block if not adjusted properly.
    Later
    oh one more thing, if you have any questions, ask away, if someone on the forum doesn't have the answer, it is a challenge for us to figure it out first, and get it posted.
    See Ya

Hello Fellow Buelligans
    New to this site. I drive a 99 cyclone M2. Great bike. Never have any problems.

Rideon
    Tornbuell

Welcome to the Party!!

Hello Tuber Bueller Dudes.
    I just got an 01 M2
    Glad I found you guys.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast