Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, who's an airplane guy?

Ok, straight out, I don't fly....BUT, over many years of riding I've found that motorcycle people are naturally mechanical people and machanical people gravitate towards aircraft. So, who's an aircraft fan? What planes do you like, what have you flown? what have you seen? I've got a crazy video of an airbus A-380 landing at Toronto shot by my 13 year old daughter if anyone's interested. Wayne

ok.. I'll bite...

was an Aviation Fire Control Technician in the Navy--AQ (That rating was dissolved along with the old AT rating shortly after I got out into ATi and ATo)

Worked on A7 Corsairs and F14 Tomcats... then went Aircrew and flew on P3 Orions...

After getting out I started flying lessons in an 1982 Cessna 172P.

Among Civilian commercial jets, I've flown on just about everything in the air except the Concord or the A380..

I would have to admit that I'm a lifelong fan of flying... Riding my Buell is as close as I can get to flying without the cost... :)

I built a plane several years ago.

I actually work/build aircraft for lockheed martin, bascially anything you see made by them (c-130/F16/F22/F35/P3), i have worked on.. I went to school to work on planes and got my A&P license straight out of HS. I also worked for Sikorsky aircraft and built seahawks and modded blackhawks.. I love aircraft/helicopters and flying in them. I will be going to get my pilots here soon hopefully.. My fav jet has to be the F-22 (if talking military) and the Gulfstream G3 is prob my fav civilian plane and i love riding in them.

Airplane guy here (I am still a licensed FAA airframe & powerplant mechanic, I really enjoyed that profession & anything mechanical i.e... motorcycles,cars,planes...but currently in a diferent career field )...
    I have always wanted to fly & love planes.
    Infact it was at an airshow that I first heard the great BUELL V-Twin sound and saw my very first BUELL ever.
    Planes & wanting to fly are in my blood, my dad was a flight instructor for a long time.
    i like just anything with wings or flys, i would really love to learn to hang glide soon.

hey Nineronesix... that an RV7?

Oh man.. I'm an airplane person. My first word was airplane. Not even kidding. I've flown a T-6 before along with several cesnas. No license though.

I plan on getting a hang glider soon.

Someday, I hope to own a Decathlon

I am a plane guy or want to be that is. I was taking lessons at Grand Aire here at Toledo Express Airport. Going well had 7 hrs in and they had 2 planes crash on the same day. They were "freight/cargo for hire" planes like citation jets small ones one went down here in Toledo due to icing and another in St. Louis out of fuel landed in Mo. River I "was" flying a OLD Cessna 152 I stopped taking lessons there needless to say haven't been able to fly since =/

I don't fly, but I have worked on quite a few jets. (USAF) four years on B1-B's, four years on B-52's, and a couple on A-10's. My favorite so far is the buffs! They demand REAL maintenence, aircraft wise.

I'm a pilot..... Owned a Piper Tomahawk for several years.... Flew Warriors and Archers too...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast