, cardio, http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/l_f7c943c7d79244a3a3175fa211f0d55f.jpg, 26lbs, tires, 33lbs, stunter, chromoly, front, range, git-ups, beginner, http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/l_c0fd5ca9ae7a4a059fab51fd9ef5271b.jpg, include, bikes, title, http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/115/l_6348771c04264dc09e8115333d6e2558.jpg, http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/113/l_e4d33275a8ce48899bcdaf672ca2abfd.jpg, riding, hardtail, power, trial, jumping, buellchick, jumper, expert, fsrxc, skate" /> Bicycles........ leg power type - Page 3
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicycles........ leg power type

Who's old enough to remember this one? Still got it and even ride it once in a while. Goes up hills like the devil.

Tango looks like the nishiki i had awhile back. nice in the mud
    i used to huck the gnar
    I must be getting old.

Hey Buddha,
    The second pic, aren't you supposed to ride the bike not use it for forearm curls?;)

Jim

lol "huck the gnar" is kind of a joking around type saying. sorta like the commercial where the guy surfing was like "bro, i was stoked when i caught that tasty barrel"

and for the record, from someone who was a bike mechanic in college, don't buy mountain bikes with hydraulic disc brakes unless you're gonna work on your bike yourself, haha, you're gonna make the poor mechanic hate you.
    why's that? i never had problems with the stock hayes that came on my giant and nothing complicated in the switch to avid juicy 7's.

Hey Buddha,
    The second pic, aren't you supposed to ride the bike not use it for forearm curls?
    LOL
    Jim thats funny, but truth be told I was just being a poser..
    ;)

Tango looks like the nishiki i had awhile back. nice in the mud
    Actually, an Alpinestars bike. Really advanced for the day. Elevated chain stays and elongated top tubes made it climb so easy. Rode bikes faded to the rear on the hills.

juicy 7's.
    niiicceee!!
    (wifes favs)

tango, the frame is so wild on that, def a keeper

why's that? i never had problems with the stock hayes that came on my giant and nothing complicated in the switch to avid juicy 7's.
    I was just kidding around, they're not all that bad. I just know that from someone who worked on disc brakes instead of riding them, life was much better when all you had to do was readjust the cable instead of bleed the brakes. 75% of bicycle mechanics don't even know how to bleed them, in my experiences most shops have one guy they all get shoved on, haha.

Nice bikes with nice hydraulic brakes are worth it, but the majority of mountain bikes leaving bike shops are in the $500-550 range, and most people don't realize that good mechanical disc brakes are better than cheap hydraulic brakes, and it's pretty much just a way for shops to upsell people because they think they're getting something fancy, and those are the ones you usually got stuck working on. If you're buying a $2000 mountain bike it should have hydraulic brakes, but if you're buying a $500-600 mountain bike and have the choice of either, get the one with the mechanical brakes

alpine star is a copy of the original nishiki alien, both sweet bikes no doubt

If you're buying a $2000 mountain bike it should have hydraulic brakes, but if you're buying a $500-600 mountain bike and have the choice of either, get the one with the mechanical brakes
    this times a million, especially for walmart bikes. gotta love seeing $150 bikes with full suspension and disc brakes...

My faith 3 (which cost just a hair over $2k) had a very basic hydraulic disc setup, it had hayes' entry level system. nothing fancy but still very powerful.

funny story involving them. my buddy and i were chilling in my garage and the faith was up on the stand. my buddy was occupying himself by spinning the rear tire super fast and running his hands over the treads on the tire. this got boring apparently so he started running his index finger over the spinning rear disc.

http://northernbeachescycles.com.au/...isc_brakes.jpg

at high speeds, this very thin piece of metal functions much like a saw blade (theres even a kind of scissoring action as the disc rotates through the caliper). his finger got sucked in and lacerated to the bone approx 80% of the way around it. i had my back turned to him when the weird crunching/squishing sound occured.. he was real quiet at first saying "oh my god" a couple times then slowly started amping the volume up until he was screaming. he bled everywhere.. its still on my garage floor and it was ~4 years ago. heh a month later he bought the brakes off me, blood stains and all.

sorry for the in-depthness, im in a story telling mood i guess

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast