Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's DIY videos (all in one thread)

Yeahbut, subject video's clutch adjustment procedure is incorrect. It's two steps, not one.
    1) Adjust clutch pack's free play: lightly loaded, then badck-off (un-load) one-quarter turn.
    2) Adjust free-play at lever, use adjuster built-into cable sheathing and located just near exhaust pipe & front cylinder head.
    See service manual.
    I have the service manual, this is a ROADSIDE adjustment. I've done it many times, it's worked every time.

Yeahbut, subject video's clutch adjustment procedure is incorrect. It's two steps, not one.
    1) Adjust clutch pack's free play: lightly loaded, then badck-off (un-load) one-quarter turn.
    2) Adjust free-play at lever, use adjuster built-into cable sheathing and located just near exhaust pipe & front cylinder head.
    See service manual.
    Then add step .5 - loosen the cable adjuster first, then clutch freeplay, and finally the cable adjuster. Assuming you have the end wrenches on the side of the road.

Just saying...

Another great video.

great videos the aluminum foil is defiantly a cool idea I had never thought of before.

great videos the aluminum foil is defiantly a cool idea I had never thought of before.
    I wish I could remember who said it so I could give them credit. It is a great idea. That's one of the things I like about these videos, they're not right out of the manual (the torque specs are) but I'm trying to give other tips to help the process.

good god i wish changing the plugs was really that easy! i STILL hope i have the boot fully seated, lol...

Your awsome Dave!

i like it[img]null[/img]

did a oil/primary change today switched over to royal purple :) watched the video first just for a quick reference and it helped out a lot. Great videos! Know you need one on how to drop the engine ;)

Haha... I will get to that one when I need to drop mine. :DHopefully it wont be for another 10k The next one is brake rotor and pad replacement.

great videos!!.... makes me glad though i own a tuber... everything is so simple to get to! I can change my plugs in under 2 mins and the only thing i need to remove are the wires.. lol

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast