Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: quick, easy exhaust fun!

Well, I just did this mod. My bike started right up, the check engine light came on, the bike overheated, caught on fire, exploded and burned my house down.

Ok, seriously, what a great mod! Added just enough sound to turn my bike from a sewing machine into an actual motorcycle.

I like having a quiet bike as I take long trips (with earplugs) but even on local short jaunts without plugs, loud pipes start to bug my ears even though they sound good.

This is a cool little mod. Heading out for a ride shortly to determine if there are any affects on rideability like others have noted.

Just did this last night to my 09 Ulysses XT and it made just enough of a difference to make me like the sound of the bike. I still think it's too quiet for me but this is a great temporary fix till I can afford my drummer. I do think I lost a little torque at higher speeds but then again that might be because I just got my Uly and am used to my firebolt. I definitely noticed an increase in torque at low speeds and a smoothness about it that wasn't there prior. Also it does tend to initially fire up faster. If any problems occur, I'll post em.

After a day of riding, I feel like I lost a bit of torque but not enough to bother me. I like the sound so I'll likely stick with this mod for the foreseeable future. Good stuff.

Joined this forum at about 1900 mod done by 1930! The new sound is just what the bike needs on tick over!
    Cheers

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910