Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: quick, easy exhaust fun!

cool gona have to try this.

did you notice any loss of performance or torque down low?

Ha, thanks guys!
    Lawdog, look closer..there's one little black one right at the end by my fingers to make sure the bigger white ones won't slip off-I could say my plastics are white so I was color matching lol!

Drogen, no real difference anywhere except I want to say at around 60 rolling on the throttle feels like it happens a little quicker, a little more responsive up top, but that may just be me. I just got done riding around highway and backroads. On the hwy get alot of thumbs up from open windowed drivers, backroads just entertaining myself is fun. It really does make a difference in sound, love it at stoplights and get alot more looks now that I can be heard just sitting there.

If you just take off your airbox cover, pull the end of the cable off the half wheel, start the bike up and mess with pulling the cable and pushing it back in, you'll hear what it will sound like(not too bad for a stocker with no real mods)!

cool it does sound good. did it lastnight.

this will do untill i cut up my XB9R exhaust.

I like what this did for my modded exhaust. The popping "seems" to be a little less, and certianly a deeper tone, but more than anything, I didn't get it bog out on acceleration like it normally does.

Well worth the 5 minutes and 8 zip ties

I have been thinking about doing the same. Thanks for trying and sharing! ;) i'm gonna have to try this out as well :)

Done! Thanks!

No prob fellas! I've been riding the hell out of my bike since doing this and love the tone, i'm still gonna get a hawk soon but this is fun. I'm glad a few of you have tried it too and are happy with the results! Ride safe!

Man oh Man what a difference!!!
    I've got a 2010 XB12SX and i've wrapped up the valve cable today to see what difference it would make...
    at first when i fired up the bike in the parking i was disappointed.. i expected more WOW factor so i thought anyway lets get some gear on and hit the street.....
    as soon as i launched away my smile got as wide is it could!!!!! :D and Man! what a difference! this is how the bike should have been in stock form.

i took it easy for about 20 minutes. kept it around 3 to 3.5K rpm just in case it needs to collaborate. but seriously what a joy!! the sound is now really really nice.
    Bike is running 100% no negative points to note, a few things that i did notes.
    I seem to have less vibration when accelerating hard. especially around 5K, seems to be noticeably smoother and seems to rev up a bit faster as well ( Not sure if that's my wrist or the valve talking! ;) )

enjoyable exhaust popping on decelerating

and my smile has gotten a bit bigger ;) :) :D
    i can only imagine what a Hawk would sound like! hope i could get one of these all the way here in Dubai some day.

And ThnQ! for the picture! gave me a good idea of what needs to be done.

Hey Guys,

You have me convinced... think i'll give it a try!

greetz

:D

Has anyone noticed a change in running temperature from this or better/worse low end throttle response? Change in fuel mileage better/worse? I'm thinking of doing this but would like some more input first.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast