Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuel injection upgrade on an xb9sx

Does anyone use a Powerizer fuel injection controller with the standard ECU, K&N air filter and Drummer slip on, on an XB9SX. I've heard good things about this combo and was thinking about doing it.
    Also it seems like an easy enough process to do myself. Is there anything I should look out for that could cause me problems, and is there anything else I need to add to the above to make it better.

Thanks - Andy

everyone who I have heard from that used the powerizer loves it but I have never been ably to find any hard data to back up its claims..let us know if you find any! I think a lot of the problem is it is a forign product

who makes powerizer and maybe you can let me know what the difference is between these two part numbers for a race ecm. 82008-05y and 82007-05y

82007-05Y Fits '05-'07 XB9R and XB9SX models.

82008-05Y Not even a real part number

if you look on ebay there is a race kit for a xb9 and the part no. on the ecm is the 82008-05y. thats what was throwing me off. would like to have but since i just bought the bike i will have to wait.

ok i broke down and bought the race kit after all. just got it in and can't wait to put it on. i was talking to the stealership and they were saying that it would void my warranty if they didn't do the install. is this a load of crap or is it for real. also as far as resetting the tps- 1st they said it would be a 30 min job at $75 an hr, then at the same time i was told it would take like an hour to do this. i just bought the bike from them and i feel like they are trying to stick it to me by charging so much for such a simple procedure. what should i do in a case like this?

First off, thank your lucky stars you were even able to get your hands on a full Race Kit (air filter, ECM, and muffler). They have been obsolete for 2 years now and are hard to find. Next, in the overall correct aspect of things, yes, it will void your warranty. It says that in the instructions for the kit. Any modification of any emission system on the motorcycle is a warranty voiding procedure. On the other hand, warranty is mostly a dealer by dealer basis thing. If they choose not to warranty something for you, its entirely up to them. If you go in being an ignorant asshole, treating them badly and being pissed off, you wont get a damn thing done and they will take their sweet ass time getting it done, if they will even work on it at all. Look at it in this aspect. Just about every single Harley we sell at my dealer has a high flow air filter kit, Race Tuner, and some sort of noisy aftermarket exhaust system on it. Every one of those pieces voids warranty, but we still do warranty work on the bikes and have the parts covered. Its all made possible by the guys submitting the warranty. We take care of them because they take care of us. We just covered a $5600 warranty engine job on an 05 XB12R not too long ago. That bike had a Race Kit on it. Now, not to say that it will always happen that way. His damages were not and could not be directly caused by the Race Kit. Its a case by case basis and dealer by dealer basis thing like I said. When it comes to that situation, take it to a Buell friendly dealer, be nice to the guys there and genuinely ask for their help with the situation. You shouldnt have any problems. As far as if they didnt install it and it would void your warranty just because of that is kinda bogus, but they are just trying to cover their asses and make sure that it is done correctly for sure so that they can rule the the Race Kit for being any sort of problem in the future.

Next, yes a TPS reset is a 30 min job. Thats what it pays the tech to do it, and I have done them many times personally and it does take about that long. I full race kit install should be about a 3.2 hour service. If I remember right, thats what it pays. I would have to double check, but if they are offering to do it for only an hour, do it. If you dont want to pay for it, and you think its so easy, pick up a wrench and a service manual and do it on your own.

Just my two cents. You guys always vent about being jacked around by the dealers. I just want to show you guys whats its like on the other side of the counter. Not to say there isnt bad dealers out there, but sometimes they have to follow procedure and there isnt a way around it. Sometimes their hands are tied They arent always out to get you like you guys think. They are a necessary evil sometimes.

whoa i ain't trying to piss anybody off on this forum. i realize that every dealer has a protocol to follow. i do appreciate the helpful advice and i understand the aspect of the service department wanting to put the kit on just to cover their asses. i am just sort of a diy'er and i like to get my hands dirty every once in a while. i just want to learn everything about my bike as much as i can. i also realize that there are going to be instances where i just can't do the work and will have to rely on the dealer. i work at a major car auction here in central texas in out recon department so i understand the processes that have to be taken.
    i asked the above question mainly because i just wasn't getting very good vibes from the dealer. it just sort of seemed like they wanted to unload existing inventory and go their marry way. mainly concentrating on harley's instead of both. felt sort of like a red headed step child. maybe its just me. i would like to talk to other dealers service departments to find out how they treat buell owners though.
    if anybody knows anything about central texas harley or any other buell dealer around the san antonio area please let me know. thanks

also on the ecm that was in the kit the bar code had the part # of 82008-05y but on the outside of the box it had the correct part no. should i be concerned about this.

I wasnt getting mad budmann2002, I was just letting you know. They probably were happy to get rid of Buell parts. Most Buell parts dont get a lot of traffic, so they are happy to sell it to get it out of inventory.

The part number on the box is what you should worry about. With a lot of the stuff, they will have a part number on the product itself that is purely for reference at the factory and is not a good part number.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast