Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fuel injection upgrade on an xb9sx

thank you i do appreciate it. your post just came off like i had it in for the dealers. this is the first vehicle bike or car that has been bought from a dealer. after looking at the bike the hardest part of the install would be the muffler. the two back clamps woud be the hardest to get to.

hey budmann, i live in san antonio, i have a xb12r, lets go ride sometime.

as far as our dealer here in san antonio, i have had good and bad experiences thus far. i had contemplated taking my bike to austin to see if they were more buell friendly but my bike hasnt had any warranty issues of late so i havnt made the drive.

yeah i live just right outside of new braunfels. i was thinking of checking out austin also. at least to go see the dealership. haven't been in there yet, but it looks like a pretty nice place. i got my bike from gruene harley. not downing those guys or anything just got a weird feeling from the guy in the service depart. just let me know when to ride.

The Race kit install is fairly easy if you are mechanically inclined at all. The hardest parts are getting to the ECM and removing the belt idler to get to the clamps on the muffler and torquing the axle back to the proper spec.

just shoot me an email sometime budmann if you want to ride, i ride everyday but wouldnt mind seeing some new roads, it gets a little hillier up where you live. my email addy is listed in my profile, send me your number and we'll work on putting a ride together for sometime this week.

hey keiser i think maybe the only rideing i may get to do will be on sat and that will be just going to work. nothing but an uneventful straight shot down I-10 ackerman

3.2 hrs for a race kit install is highway robbery if you ask me. They should easily be able to do it in an hour at max. It takes 5 minutes to put the ECM in. It takes 5 more minutes to change air filters and it takes maybe 30-45 minutes to swap pipes so that is just the STEALERSHIP being a STEALERSHIP.

Do it yourself for sure don't pay that kind of money to have someone do less than an hours worth of work. Don't try to tell me it takes 3hrs to do it either because they are Harley Tech's and have full lifts that make the job easier.

I could do that entire install in my garage in under and hour I just wouldn't be able to do the TPS reset and that is it.

dan i know i could do the job too. especially at 3.2 hrs thats a lot of money. it might take me about 3 hrs to do the work but you know there is always the little breaks inbetween the actual work.

I would pay to see you do an ECM in 5 mins on a Firebolt without messing it up, dan

Be sure to smile when they charge you to reset the TPS dan.....:p

No offense guys, but if you think this is so easy, you should be technicians because you would make a lot of money.

have you ever been up to chachos on thursday night budmann? i would go this week if i had someone to roll up there with me. last time i went there were about 100 bikes. buells always standout and alot of people stopped to look at mine. i usually go up there about 8.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast