Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three Month Date

I've have put 8k miles on my bike and i can honestly say that I haven't paid any attention to my gas mileage. I bought it to ride it, not baby it. If your daily driver is a car than honestly, who gives a flying f@#& what kind of gas mileage your motorcyle gets anyways. Ride it like you stole it. It's funny how many people on here brag about their performance mods but when they post pics of their bikes they have chicken strips 6" wide.
    right now my daily driver IS my buell
    I commute on it
    carve roads with it
    go out for a leisurely cruise to relax with it
    and on occasion act like a total hooligan on it
    (over 2.5k miles so far this season)

I keep track of my gas millage not just to monitor expenses in fuel but a dramatic change in millage could signal an issue that needs to be addressed.

and my chicken strips are about 1-1.5cm :D

When you guys are completely running the bike empty, does it have any problems starting? The dealer told me if I ran out of gas, it wouldn't start back up untill I took it back to the dealership to have something reset. 09 firebolt. They never told me why, just not to do it. Sorry for deviating from the topic, just figured I'd ask while a couple of you are talking about it.

HUH?

that doesn't sound right to me at all

I accidentally ran out of gas when I first got my bike and it didn't start till I put gas in it.
    a few extra cranks to get everything primed up and I was good to go.

but I agree you shouldn't do it. bad for the pump bad for your pride and very inconvenient.

but my bike is an '03 so maybe something has changed that I don't know of

I like trending numbers I keep track of not only my automotive performance but also appliances around the house.

I do not know the width of my chicken strips I use my motorcycle mostly for commuting since it does better than my car (car gets 14 mpg). I put 4000 miles on my car in the last year 3000 of which are done November to March I probably spend more time on the bicycle than the buell but cover more miles with the buell.

I am interested in mods that can get me better milage than other performance not to say I don't like to go WOT.

When I ran out of gas I just put some more in let the fuel injector run and it started right up.

yah dont worry about chicken strips, just enjoy riding it, getting it tuned will help with mileage AND performance, like the guys said its running rich now you should easily be in the 40's for mileage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123