Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to contact e. b. r.

i have the same problems.and it may seem like we are bashing the bike but were not.i love my buell.some of you have compentant support from dealers,some of you have older bikes that have more aftermarket support.theres 1 dealer in my town they wont let buells on their lot.my bike been to 3 others all about 250 miles a part.take my money and say sorry.no help from a place in cali, took money said sorry,2 diffrent race ecms on advice from buell pros,took money said sorry.before doing my mods i called around and was told no problem.its not hate its frustration.so when we cry on your sholders waaaah.give us a hug and a cookie and feel lucky you have competant support and a bike that runs right.:(

Wow i have a 08 9sx and i have no problem topping 110 mph if i want to. I don't so it's not an issue. The drummer exhaust will work fine with a stock ecm. Also EBR has a programmable ECM for the 9 but it's $750. If you wanted a super fast bike you should have stuck with you're Bussa or grabbed an 1125. you bought a bike made for riding in the city. Hence the name City X. It is quick off the line and turns as well if not better than any Buell out there.

If you don't like it sell it but trashing a well made machine that is Great IMO is plain silly.

Good Luck!

I didnt have a busa not all about super fast. I just figured with the bike being a v twin it should pull like a freight train from the bottom. It just feels like something is holding it back until it hits a certain rpm like an old carburated jap had a dead spot until about 3-4000 rpm and my buell is about the same and then it pulls pretty hard. Once again im not trashing the bike its a great bike and handles better than my gsxr the torque just isnt what i was expecting from the v-twin I will get used to it.

Super Moderator
    I know you're hesitant to datalog and tune, but I guarantee you it will fix that flat spot in a jif. If you change your mind, let me know and I can get on the horn and talk you through it.

i know i will need the ecm caple i have ecm spy on my computer already. I read your post about tuning the 2008 and 2009 bikes and yeah i will definately need help with that. Could i try and find somebody that already has the setup that im wanting to run and just copy and enter their values.

I saw a bike dyno in the auto rv for 8000 dollars haha

Super Moderator
    Theoretically you could do that. The issue is that you'd (ideally) need to find someone with a similar setup who lives in a similar environment as you. Altitude, temperature, and moisture all play a big part in how an engine runs.

Im sure there is somebody in Indiana that is all about tuning the buells i just have to find them. i dont know anybody else thats owns a buell yet.

I live in northern Indiana. I am starting to work on tuning my bike. If you happen to be close we could work on any tuning issues in person. Like I said though, I am just starting with ECMread.

Super Moderator
    And I'm always just a short phone call away for any help that might be needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123